How do you handle botched reserves? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you handle botched reserves?

So the issue is with not deploying reserve units and proceeding with moving and shooting with your army. This could be because of forgetting to roll or even forgetting to place them after rolling. What do you do when this happens? The rulebook just talks about how this is just impossible so doesn't address the issue. My play group has been treating the units as deployed off board so we roll the mishap table for them. Is there an official rulling on this or just everyone has their own way of handling it? If the latter what is most common at tournaments?

The Only Constant is change.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Depending on when its remembered, players turn or opponents. We allow him to back step if its their turn and place it on the field or they are just plaaced back into reserve otherwise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Generally if the person forgets then they have to roll next turn, though the way i play is that you are allowed to duff up something once and get to correct it. So if you forgot to let your drop pod turn up turn 1 and you are now in the shooting phase, then you're allowed to bring it in if you choose to use your one time only duff up thing (if you want to that is). Last week saw a guy who every turn forgot to roll for his drop pod, got to turn 5 and he had still forgotten.

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

We run pretty loose on such things. Generally I just let the person roll and deploy so long as we're not in the assault phase or something. Otherwise, if it seems to be happening too much, the unit goes back into reserves and is rolled for next turn.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I made this mistake in a tournament using my Daemons. 3 Units arrived on Turn 2 and I got a bit excited after the first unit was placed that I started moving others and got as far as shooting. I asked the opponent what he wanted to do and gave him 2 options.

1: Wind back slightly and position the 2 other units by deepstrike agreeing not to bring them down near icons that had moved this turn.
    2: Place them back in reserve and roll again next turn.

He chose option 2 but I think it is right to give the opponent the choice as sometimes keeping a unit in reserve is prefferable and it was my mistake so I shouldn't get any advantage. He forgot to move assaulters in a later turn and I was happy to wind back the turn and let him conduct that assault to make up.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

If I make the mistake I just leave it till next turn. If my opponent realises he has made the mistake I give him the option to bring on or leave in reserve. Either way I don't mind. If it is under tournament conditions though then it's tough luck, you forgot.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

jboweruk

We just usually roll next turn.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

There is no official rule for it. Its "impossible" because you're just not suppose to forget. I would suggest organizing your reserves in a way so that you can't forget. I ususally put all my units together in a place close to the table. First thing every round, roll for each. If they're comming in I put them on the table so I know they need to be deployed.

Really if your group is having issues though, you just need to make a house rule for it.
    ~ Rape the churches and burn the women!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

In a friendly game, be friendly and give them a re-do.

In a tournament setting I'd say that it's both players' responsibility to remember rolling for and deploying reserves. In this sense it can never be to someones disadvantage unless they themselves forget.

For Example:
    -If you want your reserves to arrive and forget to roll, tough luck and wait until next turn.
    -If your opponent doesn't want his reserves to arrive and convieniently 'forgets' to roll for them and you fail to remind him, again tough luck your dastardly unscrupulous opponent just pulled a fast one. (which does happen unfortunately)

In this way it can't hurt you unless you forget, and if you forget you deserve the consequences.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

+ Reply to Thread