Blood Angels Shield of Sanguinius and close combat query - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood Angels Shield of Sanguinius and close combat query

Now, i usually field my librarian with Shield of Sanguinius, and it just occurred to, can it be used from close combat?

Now, I would say yes, as it's not a shooting attack, and has no effect on the close combat, the benefits being it grants a cover save to the poor fellows who didn't quite make it into the combat, or if some artillery scattered into your combat, your guys get a cover save.
    Now, the benefits rather low, considering that the best time to win an assault is during your opponents turn, so using Unleash Rage would be much more beneficial.

Just want to know what you make of it
    thanks

I play Blood Angels, deal with it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Yes, you use it during your opponents shooting phase, there's nothing preventing you from using it while locked in combat.

It would shield any friendly units within 6" and would also save you from 3rd party shooting or scattering templates.
    In the 41st millenium there is no such thing as paranoia, the universe realy is out to get you!

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

If it's an ability or a non-shooting attack then there shouldn't be any reason why you couldn't use it even if the Libby is in CC. The Eldar Farseers can use the likes of Doom, Guide and so on in the same situation, so I can't see why there would be any difference made.

I don't have access to the Codex though so can't read the exact wording for myself.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread