Librarium Online Forums banner

I need help with putting together an army from what I own - Dark Eldar... please help

645 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  jboweruk 
#1 ·
I currently own the following:

2 x Razorjet wing with dark lances
1 x Ravager with dark lances
1 x venom with splinter cannons
2 x Raiders (1 with dark lance, and 1 with disintegrator cannon)
63 Warriors (12 with splinter cannons, 4 with blasters, 4 with dark lances, 3 with shredders)
18 x Wyches (2 with razorflails, 1 with hydragauntlets)
8 x Reaver Jetbikes (2 with blasters)
10 x Scourges (2 with dark lances, 2 with splinter cannons, 5 with shard carbines)
5 x Beastmasters, 3 x clawed fiends, 10 x khymerae
10 x Wracks (2 with liquifier guns, 1 with stinger pistol)
10 x Incubi
2 x Haemonculi
1 x Lelith
2 x Archon (splinter pistol and agonizer)

If anyone would assist in putting together a playable army list with what I own, it would be appreciated. I have just been throwing things together here and there and I have been losing. Thanks for any help or advice on how to use my units.

See less See more
#2 ·
This should probably be in the Dark Eldar army lists sub-forum - I'm sure a kindly mod will move it along shortly

You've got a good selection of models there, the only thing I can see lacking is Raiders - the majority of the advice here says mount as much as you can.

What size games are you looking at playing?

I'd go with a shooty list, with Wyches for counter-charge / objective grabbing. The list will be a bit vague, as I'm in work and away from my codex at the moment, but this would be a framework to build on;

HQ
Leilith (rolls with one wyche squad)
Haemonculi with Liquifier (either with Blasterborn or other wyche squad)

Elites
4x Blaster Trueborn + twin Splinter cannon Venom

Troops
9 Wyches + Raider + Hekatrix w/ agonizer
9 Wyches + Raider + Hekatrix w/ agonizer
20 Warriors + Lance + Blaster
20 Warriors + Cannon + Blaster

Fast
6x Jetbikes (2 blasters or heat lances)
5-8x Scourges with 2x Splinter cannons + carbines

Heavy
Razorwing Jetfighter
Razorwing Jetfighter
Ravager

This should come in around the 1500-1750 point mark. To expand it up give the Haemy a web way portal and bring the Incubi and/or Beasts in through that. Consider both Nightshields and Flickerfields on all of the transports.

Other people's advice may differ (and you'll probably get advised to mech up some more), but that's probably what I'd run with what you have.

Cheers

#3 · (Edited)
Wow! Thanks so much for the help. I am just going through the details and working out my tactics with such an army. I'm relatively new with the rules, but thanks to your advice, I have somewhere to start with putting together my army. If you have any further advice regarding tactics with the army you suggested, please feel free to share. Thanks again.

#4 ·
I'd use the long range support weapons on the ravager and jetfighters (target transports like rhinos first to stop the enemy reaching you en masse) to force the opponent to close with you, holding the lance warrior squad on a home objective, and using the other warrior squad as advancing objective takers supported by the wyches (who also double as countercharge/tarpits when enemies get close to your warriors). The haemy stays in the transport where possible to liquify targets of opportunity.

The scourges have the option of dropping into the rear of the enemies' lines to target their long ranged support, or to advance with the warriors for additional focused fire - pick a target and shoot it with multiple units until it is dead.

The ravagers and blasterborn ride the flanks, providing up close anti-tank if needed (plus further fire saturation from the venom for the unlucky squad who is the focused-fire victim that turn), and late-game objective contesting with their fast movement.

#6 ·
Now this is a rules question. The short answer is 6".

Here's the long answer;

Any transport vehicle can move up to 6" and the passengers inside can fire from available fire points.

If a fast transport remains stationary it can fire all weapons and passengers can fire as if stationary, or disembark, move, shoot and assault.

If a fast transport moves 6" (combat speed), it can fire all weapons and passengers can fire as if moving or can still disembark (and assault if the transport is open topped)

If a fast transport moves up to 12" (Cruising Speed) it can fire one weapon plus all defensive weapons (poison = defensive in this case) but passengers inside can't fire anything, but can still disembark and shoot (and/or also assault if the transport is open topped)

If a fast transport moves over 12" (flat out), it can fire no weapons, and passengers may not fire or disembark

Certain codex specific special rules (e.g. ariel assault, PotMS) can change the number of weapons fired by vehicles at different speeds

Hope that clears it up for you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.