Skimmers and blast templates - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skimmers and blast templates

Ok, so this happened to me the other day in a game. I aimed a blast template at a unit which was on the first level of the building, and the template scatters off and lands on my Valkyrie. My opponent said that because it was on level one, it hit the skimmer that was in the air. I've always played it that the skimmer counts as being on 'ground level', but is this true? I had a quick look it the rulebook and couldn't find anything.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x1)

I dont have my BRB on me but ill check later tonight, but there is a section covering templates aimed at a unit on multiple levels might be in there,
    But the way I thought it worked was if a template hits part os a sqaud on 1st floor it only hits the models on the 1st floor but if it scatters and hits models on ground levels then it hits on ground level.
    Because in the first case the floor of the 1st level is preventing the shot from reaching the models at ground level.
    As for the valkyrie is there not an option for skimmers to "land"?
    If so then it would depend on the valkyries state whether it hits or not.
    If He is For me, Who shall stand against me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

The appropriate rules are found on pages 84-85.

Barrage weapons will hit the level under the center hole, but normal Blast weapons can only hit the level they are being fired at regardless of scatter.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Yes and even though a skimmer may be several feet off the ground this distance is not defined and so I would class all skimmers as being at ground level.

You could however easily declare skimmers as being at the level that their base appears but then you get into problems of embarking and disembarking onto different levels of a building and declaring what level the skimmer is at etc. These would all have to be defined in house rules.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by psichotykwyrm View Post
    the appropriate rules are found on pages 84-85.

Barrage weapons will hit the level under the center hole, but normal blast weapons can only hit the level they are being fired at regardless of scatter.
    qft.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread