About the RELENTLESS universal special rule - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the RELENTLESS universal special rule

(1) Terminators are relentless due to thier terminator armour. If a squad of terminators is joined by an independent character which is neither relentless nor wearing terminator armour, is the squad still relentless?

(2) There seems to be a contradiction between the deep strike rule and the relentless rule. If a squad of terminators disembarks from a drop-pod or arrives by deep-strike rule, can it both shoot heavy/rapid fire weapons and assault on the turn that the same turn it arrived, by virtue of the relentless rule? If so would the membership of a non-relentless independent character prevent the assault capability?

(3) Are the gearing options for Space Marine Chaplains available to "chaplain-type" independent characters like Chaplain Cassius?

Faithfully,
    Sean

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    426 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by seanb View Post
    (1) If a squad of terminators is joined by an independent character which is neither relentless nor wearing terminator armour, is the squad still relentless?
    Relentless is determined on a model by model basis.
    Note that a non-relentless model firing a rapid fire or heavy weapon while attached to a relentless squad will prevent their entire unit from assaulting.

(2) If a squad of terminators disembarks from a drop-pod or arrives by deep-strike rule, can it both shoot heavy/rapid fire weapons and assault on the turn that the same turn it arrived, by virtue of the relentless rule?
    Relentless does not remove the deepstrike assault restrictions. Deepstriking terminators may shoot heavy weapons (regardless of attached characters) but may not assault.

(3) Are the gearing options for Space Marine Chaplains available to "chaplain-type" independent characters like Chaplain Cassius?
    Units may only take upgrades listed in their entry. With a few exceptions (Calgar) named characters cannot take additional wargear.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
    Relentless is determined on a model by model basis.
    Note that a non-relentless model firing a rapid fire or heavy weapon while attached to a relentless squad will prevent their entire unit from assaulting.
    I agree with everything you have said,
    However I have One question,

If you have a unit of terminators with an IC in it, the IC fires his bolter, this should prevent the unit from assualting,
    But as He is an Ic he can leave the unit by simply moving more than 2" away from the unit ie out of unit coherency,
    so in this case could the terminators not still assualt as long as they were then farther than 2" away from the IC?
    tricky one but If I remember correctly the BRB just says to remove an IC from a unit he just has to be moved out of unit coherency
    which the terminators assualting would do.
    If He is For me, Who shall stand against me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x1)

Unfortunately not, as ICs can only join/leave units during the Movement Phase
    I have too many armies to list in my signature!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x1)

yeh I thought it was a bit of a stretch but just wanted it cleared up before I tried doing in a game and causing an argument.
    If He is For me, Who shall stand against me