Challenges - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Challenges

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Challenges

When a challenge is issued do only the challenger and challegee fight while the squads look on? Or is the combat split into the two characaters fighting and the squads fighting

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

In a challenge only the two characters can land blows on each other, the rest of the two squads act as normal. If the only remaining model in a unit is locked in a challenge (The rest of his squad was killed or he entered CC alone) then as before the rest of the surviving unit cannot attack him while he's participating in a challenge.
    The squad does give their character some moral support or distracts the enemy character allowing theirs to recieve a free reroll of a to hit, to wound or even a saving throw for every 5 models present. So a unit has 10 models left (including the sargent) and their sargent in is in a challenge against a lone character, because there are 9 models cheering on the fight the sargent gets 1 free reroll as the sargent does not contribute to the model count for rerolls.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Remember that while the enemy may issue you challenges, only you can choose who accepts the challenege.
    I have a blog, check it out :p - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blog...commander.html - brand new post 11/04/13

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by TheShad0w View Post
    Remember that while the enemy may issue you challenges, only you can choose who accepts the challenege.
    But if you refuse a challenge your opponent chooses, if there are multiple characters, and that model basically goes into hiding and cannot attack at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

In my first 6th game my Captain and his Command Squad eventually got into CC with the other player's Necron Overlord, if i accepted then the rest of the Command Squad would not have gotten their attacks in. So i refused and he picked my Captain which meant he could not attack, i passed my Ld test for Mind Shackle Scarabs and then wiped the floor with him with the rest of the Command Squad. Quite handy having two Power Swords in the unit and i didn't even get to use my Power Fist.

The game ended up being won by me through Secondary Objectives and if i had used my Captain in that CC and killed him then i would have gotten an extra VP due to my trait (i got first blood and one other, he got first into my deployment zone). One thing i forgot to do was overwatch when two of his units assault mine.
    I have a blog, check it out :p - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blog...commander.html - brand new post 11/04/13