Carapace Armor Doctrine For Ig - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello all

Long time reader, first time poster here.

I am looking for some help on my drop troops army. As one of our doctrines is Special Equipment: Carapace Armor, the codex says that each unit that uses it pays +20 points.

Now my question is: Do all the squads in an Infantry Platoon (a single unit on the force organization chart) pay for the armor or can just the command squad pay for the whole unit?

I'm thinking that a single Troops section (command squad + thier anti-tank, fire support, mortar, sentinel and special weapons sub units + 2-5 infantry squads) is a single unit and I only need to pay the points once.

I guess I'm just not sure about what is considered a unit for sure.

Thanks for your help.

Maj Stryker
    182nd Cadian Para Infantry

Maj. Stryker
    182nd Cadian Para Infantry Reg
    E Company Commander

aka:
    Captain Antonius
    3rd Company, White Templars
    Adeptus Astartes

aka:
    Shas'O Dal'yth Shi'Or'es
    IVth Dal'yth Hunter Cadre

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

yeah its really confusing, and stupid, each individual squad is considered a unit in this case. not platoon but the seperate squads making them up, making it a point eater to encourage that only the better solders get this improvement.
    imagine having a wall of solders with +4 save and +6 inv. save, they may not be the best at shooting but can devestate anyone short of the nids.
    i hope this helps...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darkreever,

Thanks. I guess I'll just drop the Carapace Armor Doctrine then. I know it has saved more than its fair share of troops in my little army before I knew the real rule but there is no way I can afford to do that now and still expect to win. Maybe now I can add more troops to help soak up all that blood and guts this will cause.

Its gonna really suck against Chaos and Space Marines...and Eldar and Dark Eldar...and Tau...

Maj Stryker
    E Company
    Maj. Stryker
    E Company Commander

aka:
    Captain Antonius
    Adeptus Astartes

aka:
    Shas'O Dal'yth Shi'Or'es

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

dont drop it just yet
    ive played most races, so i know my ig. give the armoured fist squad carapace and cyber enhancement for starters. reconsider the drop in thing unless you cant for varying reasons. since you fight a varying number of xenos consider xeno fighters doctrine and for power armour armies consider sharpshooters.
    as an alternative take the first 2 doctrines in normal platoons and then go grenaders and drop troops.
    i played the last chancers as well as my heavy gaurd so if anything try them, though they dont get doctrines.
    till the next time you speak...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darkreever,

I know alot of IG players out there would call me a heretic for playing a Drop Troops army, but I really like freaking people out with 100 plus soldiers and no vehicles save Sentinels droping right into thier laps.

Before I knew what I know now, my Doctrine Choices were:

Drop Troops
    Restricted Troops: Heavy Weaps
    Restricted Troops: Special Weaps
    Restricted Troops: Stormtroopers
    Special Equipment: Carapace Armor

With Carapace Armor being out the window, I was thinking about Close Order Drill, Sharpshooters, Veterans, or Light Infantry. I think Light Infantry might be the best option here.

I am fielding (total current models): 1CHQ squad with Commissar, 4HQ squads with 1 commissar, 9 10 man Infantry squads with 1 special weap each, 3 Sentinels, 1 sniper squad (3 snipers, 3 troop), 2 missile launcher squads (6 ML, 6 Troop), 2 HB/AC/LC squads (6 gunners, 6 loaders), 3 Mortar Squads (9 mortars, 9 loaders), 1 Hard Vets squad, 1 stormtrooper squad.

I don't want to get away from Drop Troops as my core Doctrine. I want a fast striking force that can lay down a withering amount of firepower with man-portable weapons only. Only the Stormtroopers (the new Kasrkin models) are actually in carapace armor. Everything else is in standard Cadian Shocktroops dress.

What Doctrine choice should I make from here or should I just leave it alone?

Maj Stryker
    E Company
    Maj. Stryker
    E Company Commander

aka:
    Captain Antonius
    Adeptus Astartes

aka:
    Shas'O Dal'yth Shi'Or'es

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

with that said go with
    drop troops
    stormtroopers
    grenaders
    cyber enhancement
    xeno fighters(your choice of who, can be changed)

with this you can get more stormtrooers and give them the +6 inv. it may not do much but can still save your @$$ when fighting power weapons. grenaders lets you use up to three stormtroopers squads as troops so you wouldnt need the carapace doctrine.
    point wise this will probably kill you the most but, if you wanna retain the heavy weapons use them in the command platoon. use 2 hq's if you must.

many ig would definately call you heretic but many marines outside of the ultra's would have a hint of respect for your methods. and dont even start with chaos and orks...

im gonna dig up my old ig regiment list, maybe youll find something uselfull, or maybe youll be convinced to, sadly, go last chancer.

+ Reply to Thread