Rules Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rules Help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey. My brother and i just finished playing uor 6th game of warhammer 40K and there are some rulesthat we need clarified.

1. Are spore mines considered an enemy unit that will effect regrouping checks for an enemy unit within 6 inches of a unit atempting to regroupe?

thats all i can think of at the moment but i know there was more ill post the others later.

<a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?BlindingRaven' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?BlindingRaven</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No they&#39;re not. They aren&#39;t listed as a unit and have no stat line. They are simply a munition even though they are described as living.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

WR is not entirely correct.... Spores do in fact have a statline.

However, in 3rdEd they could not effect "Crossfire" nor could they stop the enemy from regrouping. This was seemingly one of the clarifications GW omitted from the 4thEd FAQs because they felt that it was clear enough not to warrant clarification. :rolleyes:

I would say that 4thEd Spore mines can&#39;t prevent opponents from regrouping nor would they count as enemy models for the purposes of the 4thEd "Trapped&#33;" rule, based on the previous 3rdEd clarifications.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Uzi&#045;99@Nov 28 2004, 13:29
    WR is not entirely correct.... Spores do in fact have a statline.
    [snapback]259986[/snapback]
    I can&#39;t believe I sat there looking at that entry while writing and completely missed seeing that line. Doooh. :blush:

It really chaps my hide that GW didn&#39;t incorporate the "clarifications" from the 3rd ed FAQs into the 4th ed ones.

+ Reply to Thread