Shooting/moving Through Walls - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we have some area terrain that looks like a destroyed building. We consider the ground to be lvl 2 area terrain (rubble). My question is, do most players still consider the walls as blocking line of sight, and require units to move around them?

I ask this because I found it strange when people were walking through/shooting through walls at our local game shop. It seemed to void the whole point of putting up the walls. I was told that units just break through the walls...? Also told that bolters/plasma/gauss all would just shoot through the wall, but in reality, how would someone aim through a wall... none of it made real sense to me.

Thanks,
    Justin

Wednesday nights at GW (Ontario Mills in Ontario, CA)
    W/L/T
    14/3/0

Latest Victims
    4-7-05 - SoB 1200, S&D Omega, Opponent was new.
    4-7-05 - ME! Chris beats me again with his space wolves (he is a good palyer without his eldar).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What we generally say is that if you can't see it you can't shoot it.

As for walking through walls you should decide whether it is difficult or impassable terrain, the people you play with seem to regard it as no terrain but if the model if taller than the wall then i'd roll for difficult terrain.
    <span style='color:green'>Think yer clever with yer land raider do yer? I&#39;LL GAUSS YER, YA STUPID SMURF&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x2)

A lot depends on the way you use the building/area.

if you use it like area terrain (similar to woods) you can shoot up to 6&#39;&#39; into or out of it and take difficult terrain tests to move through it. we use these rules for most ruined buildings.

On the other hand you can use it as something that blocks movement and LOS (similar to rocks or hills). we use these rules for most intact buildings.

I would suggest discussing this with your opponent before each game.
    Shut up and play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the way we work it is, if thier are windows...you can shoot through it.
    if the building is in bad shape anyway with gaping holes, its not going to stop a bolter. however, to negate this, we add +1 to the saving throw.
    wWWwwAaaaAAgggGGGhHHHhhh!!!! = DeAth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

If the entire area terrain is considered to be size 2, it will block LOS for any and all size1&2 models behind it, unless shooting at size 3 targets (and size 3 shooting back at them).

For size1&2 models inside the terrain, there&#39;s the normal rules for seeing into/out of area terrain.

Even if the weapons would go through the walls themselves (or woods, or bushes, or whatever), if You can&#39;t see Your target in the first place You can&#39;t shoot since You have nothing to shoot at.

Also, although the entire building would be size 2 area terrain, I would make amendments for any individual pieces of walls high enough (and solid enough) to completely block LOS. Remember that works both ways: Can&#39;t shoot or be shot at.

If part of the unit is out of LOS, they can&#39;t shoot or be shot at... Those who can&#39;t see the enemy stick to cover and won&#39;t shoot through the wall since they will want to conserve their ammunition for a situation where they can use it rather more effectively than blasting blindly through cluttering terrain.

Of course, if the walls have windows, You can shoot and be shot at...

These are the sort of things that are best discussed before the game.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

The Uncivil Servent Mikhail The Heretic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

The rules that they are using come from codex cityfight you can see any unit that is through six inches of terrain but further than that you can not. This is to represent heat sensors movement sensors Etc. We use this rule in our store for all our games usually.

Horus betrayed the Emperor because the Emperor crushed his favorite puppy with his Land Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Grephaun
    It's all about real ultimate power redoing the forum skin in pink and plaid

+ Reply to Thread