Newbie Qustion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Newbie Qustion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok I havnt played warhammer but have started to gather an army (so far I only have one crisis battlesuit) but what I was wondering is. If I glue one type of wepon on my models do I have to play whit that spesific wepon al the timme whit that model??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Welcome to LO!

The answer to your question depends on the circumstances. Most private gaming groups are quite tolerant, allowing you to use other weapons than those which are displayed on the model. In tournaments things are different though - in such games a model has to be equipped with exactly that weapon which it displays.
    Therefore you should either carefully consider what weapon to use, or you can make the weapon exchangeable, with some modelling skill.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

As you're only just starting, you don't have to think of any tournies yet. Just talk about it with your friends, I suppose since you're just starting you can be pretty liberal, but me and my opponents are very strict with WYSIWYG.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks just purchase the Tau codex and it says you must have the wepon models. But I cant tell the wepons apart exept from flame trower and the (minigun)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

I think there should be a page in the tau codex with drawings of the weapons and their name (and some other info) next to them, not sure about that though.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just purchase the Tau codex and it says you must have the wepon models
    Please remember, GW is a buisness. They make a lot of models and a lot of little parts to customize miniatures. Their main goal is to SELL these items to you. That is why official tournaments run by GW expect players to use just GW minis and WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get). Within reason, you should try emulating that, but don&#39;t feel you absolutlely have to.

Hell, 40K can be played with round disks for troops, and sheets of rectangle paper for vehicles if you wanted to. But 40K is a miniature game. I suggest not asembling your models completely and play a few low point games (500-750 points) until you have a feel for the different weapons. Then you could finish your suits using the armaments you like best.

Tip: A very nifty idea I saw was some one using small magnets for the battle suit weapons. That way he could switch what weapons he wanted to use easily. Since the models are plastic, they are a lot easier to work with (check out the Tau and Conversion sections of the LO boards).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Games Workshop website actually has a nice setup for the Tau Battlesuits if you want to see which weapons are which. You&#39;ll probably want to check out the Chapter Approved section for FAQ&#39;s on the Tau and any army you may be facing, as well as the general rules.

http://www.gamesworkshop.com/40kuniverse/w...uits_armory.htm

Closed Thread