3 Person Scenario? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have any good 3 player scenario's? There are normally 3 of us who play regularly at a friends house and everytime we try any mission with all 3 it turns into a 1 on 1 with the 3rd person cleaning up whats left. Just wondered if anyone out there had a fair way for 3 people to play at the same time? I'm looking for a scenario or mission where the pts value is equal for each player, we tried 2 people playing 1000 pts each against the 3rd playing 2000 pts, just doesnt work out very well.

Thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

yeah the easiest way to play is to have 2v1 where the 2 share a side and split the pts limit in half and the other guy only uses 2\3 of the total(rounding up)
    this way you can play a game and if the two allies finish off the one guy then they can dook it out aftrewords.
    its a true test of cunning and tactics when your the loner of the 3...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The group that I tend to play with often has the same problem in that the easiest grouping tends to be three people. And we already know that if it were a full free-for-all it would de-evolve into pound on one player. To counter this we do the following...

We take our forces and set up into a triangle so that everyone is equidistant from one another. Then we prepare a listing of Tyranid models. Certain areas on the board, predetermined and equally in each of the players zones, are designated as "spawning areas" for the Tyranids. Every player takes a turn and once everybody has gone we roll a die on the Tyranid list if any player controlled model is within 12" of a spawning zone. Whatever is rolled pops up - could be a squad of genestealers, could be a carnifex, or a hive tyrant.

The tyranids function under basic "robot" rules - they move and will attack the closest models. Any other player conducts their movement and fire, since the robot rules are in play nearly all of the decision making is taken out of the equation.

As the human players, we try to stay alive and keep score. When the scenario is over in turns (or when we get tired) or someone reaches a specific objective in the center of the map for a full turn the game is over.

Now the problem for some players using this might be the access to the Tyranid models...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have two players set up on opposite corners of the same side, then the third set up in the middle of the other side. To avoid 'campers', ie. those who wait behind cover until the other two destroy each other, arbitrarily drop orbital strikes on deployment zones.

EDIT: That works on a smaller table, on a 6 by 4, because the two players on the same side would be too close to each other, have a max distance for deploying from the player on the centre.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

We had one in a local Tournament at my store that was pretty good. I think it was home grown and was called Set Upon by All Sides.

One player is the defender, 2 are the attackers. The setup is similar to the Convoy mission, where one person has to get across the board by going through the middle. The attackers have half of the defenders points cost (1000 defender, 500 point attackers etc etc), and they each attack from opposite sides. The defender must break through either long board edge through their attackers to win, the attackers must be last man standing.

It's a 3 way melee, but with the larger force in the middle, the two smaller forces don't engage until they meet in the middle for CC. The defenders deployment zone is a 6" bar through the center of the table. The attackers move on for first turn from the long board edges. Attackers get first turn, but must roll off to see who goes first.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

+ Reply to Thread