Rhinos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rhinos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know im missing something here but what are the point in rhinos if all men can move 6" and 12" anyway. rhinos can only do 12 to so men can just charge all the time carnt they??

please correct me

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope...
    A usual trooper may walk/march/run/sprint or whatever 6 inches each turn... your turns that is.
    They may only charge the extra 6 inches if there is an enemy unit within that range.
    If Mounted in a rhino the troops may drive the rhino 12 inches, disembark and then charge the enemy... if they are within range.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, disembark and then shoot, no charging right when you disembark due to the new rules

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah new rules.... but not yet...
    To me the trial vehicle rules are still too new for anyone I know to use them. They have like just come around and hardly any non fanatic players know of them.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the new rules state that a unit wishing to diembark from a tank(not open topped) will have the result of "crew shaken" when they disembark... eg. they may not move until next turn...
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are correct. Although they did not term it "crew shaken", the results are the same.

Some problems already surfaced, though: How do you handle the frag grenade launchers on a LR Crusader, and similar items? The affect of those items is applied to the assaulting unit in their first assault round. If they can't assault until the next round, does the vehicle have to stay in position and the squad not move during the next movement phase so they can get the "support" from the vehicle? That's rather extreme. Rumors from GW talked about classing certain vehicles as having assault doors, such as the Land Raider, so units disembarking from specific vehicles could assault.

I expect any new vehicle rules will go through several versions before being released in the "approved optional" status like the TAR are now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya i heard they werr scrapped. too many issues like that and the insane amount of power moving and fireing ordinance brought about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really like the new vehicles that much... make certain vehcile weaponry extreamly good, and scrap alot of the use of transport vehicles. If they want the new aproach of being able to fire more weapons on the move, maybe they should make it more like Fantasy firing, moving gives you -1 to hit and other various effects, but then again, for certain races that might be a lil brutal...
    Also those assault doors sound intresting and like a good idea, maybe a new upgrade to all vehicles they should add if they are still going to use the new vehicle rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree, that sounds fairly reasonable (assault doors thingo)

i figure without the disembarking/no assault, transports have been powered down enough (look at the damage tables, they are probably more fair in my opinion)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dun like the new rules.....
    MY ADVICE?
    GREY KNIGHTS RULE!

Armies:

Raven Guard
    Daemonhunters

Bretonnians

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new rules are really good I think and I hope they put them in, but the assualt doors things sounds like a good idea for LRs,
    The rules they change the ever so simple "RUSH IN RHINOS AND ASSUALT" That the BAs and whatnot are so used too and was used to the point where you would see almost every BA army doing the same thing... and it encourages people to use a bit more strat then before, if you can't assualt you have to plan for the next round, will you get assualted yourself? Is it worth it to rush that close? ect

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast