Rules For Outnumbering? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the rules for outnumbering? I remember reading something on a websight, but i cant remember what it was or where it was.

I had a brood of 16 hormaguants charge into cc with a unit of imperial guard. The guard unit had been cut down to 4 guys after a blast from a barbed strangler. The hormaguants have 1+1 attacks in the profile plus the additional attack for charging...thats like 48 attacks on 4 models. We eventually just removed the IG with out making any to hit or wound rolls figuring that he wasnt going to beable to make enough saves.

But to make things eaiser for next time im looking for clarification on outnumbering a unit in cc. If your outnumbered 2 to 1 or higher is it instant death for the defender?

thanks for the help

-PsychoDave-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

You remember reading something online? It's very clear in the "rulebook". Instant death if outnumbered? ..No

I dont mind getting some facts wrong, but its pretty clear you have not even read the section on Morale, i suggest rereading it

Quick summary, there are no effects to the actual combat from being outnumbered as it only matters during the morale phase of the combat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by PsychoDave@Jan 4 2005, 20:13
    But to make things eaiser for next time im looking for clarification on outnumbering a unit in cc. If your outnumbered 2 to 1 or higher is it instant death for the defender?
    [snapback]293537[/snapback]
    Not a chance. I've crushed Orc hordes that outnumbered my Wolf Guard 4 to 1, so numbers aren't always the deciding factor.

Outnumbering comes into play if you loose an assault, check rulebook page 48.

Also, there are times that a huge number of troops won't all be able to get into the assault and end up self-limiting their effectiveness. Terrain, or simply number of bases, keep some of them out of the fight for at least one round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by WolfRaider@Jan 4 2005, 18:21
    Not a chance. I've crushed Orc hordes that outnumbered my Wolf Guard 4 to 1, so numbers aren't always the deciding factor.

Outnumbering comes into play if you loose an assault, check rulebook page 48.

Also, there are times that a huge number of troops won't all be able to get into the assault and end up self-limiting their effectiveness. Terrain, or simply number of bases, keep some of them out of the fight for at least one round.
    [snapback]293545[/snapback]

cool, ill check the book again, thanks

+ Reply to Thread