Quick Jetpack Rule - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, still tryin to get this tau codex down.

if jetpacks end their movement phase in difficult terrain, do they have to take a dangerous terrain test?

Also, if they move during the assault phase, can they ignore terrain, or if they land in it do they also have to take a dangerous terrain test again?

Thanks for the clarification!
    Justin

Wednesday nights at GW (Ontario Mills in Ontario, CA)
    W/L/T
    14/3/0

Latest Victims
    4-7-05 - SoB 1200, S&D Omega, Opponent was new.
    4-7-05 - ME! Chris beats me again with his space wolves (he is a good palyer without his eldar).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by justinb67@Jan 8 2005, 09:30
    Alright, still tryin to get this tau codex down.

if jetpacks end their movement phase in difficult terrain, do they have to take a dangerous terrain test?

Also, if they move during the assault phase, can they ignore terrain, or if they land in it do they also have to take a dangerous terrain test again?

Thanks for the clarification!
    Justin
    [snapback]296833[/snapback]
    this depends on how they got into the difficult terrain

if they used their jetpacks to get there, then yes - they must take the test

if they walked in and made a difficult terrain test to determine how far they moved, then no - they do not have to test

rolf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry for the double post. not properly awake yet.

if they move during the assault phase, they must test if they end the assault phase in terrain, unless they are charging into combat on foot (ie not using the jetpacks)

rolf

ps : does anyone know if you can charge over cover using jetpacks?
    (if you're 6" or less away from the enemy, but in cover can you use jetpacks to charge to avoid having to roll the difficult terrain test?
    obviously you must be able to see the enemy for this) <_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Originally posted by rolfnod@Jan 8 2005, 122
    ps : does anyone know if you can charge over cover using jetpacks?
    --- I would say no: If assaulting, they will do so on foot like everyone else, since barreling on top of an enemy isn&#39;t a good idea... But it&#39;s not explicitly clear in the Jetpack rules on 4thEd page 55.

And Tau... Assaulting? ^_^;;;

obviously you must be able to see the enemy for this
    --- You don&#39;t need LOS to be able to declare an assault since this is not a stated requirement in the assault rules: 4thEd page 36, "Declare Charges".

It is assumed that Your models are already aware of the enemy (equipment/smell/hearing... Or taste&#33; ) and thus can declare a charge against any enemy unit that You believe is within charge range, whether the unit has LOS to it or not... This is pretty much how it was reasoned in Cityfight.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jet packs are only slightly modified jump packs, they must cover the assault on foot (since the modified jetpack rules do not strip this requirement).

Yeah, I knew he wouldn&#39;t have to take the test if he was walking...

So, it is possible for them to have to take 2 dangerous terrain tests in 1 turn, one on the movement phast, and 1 on the assault phase.

Thanks for the help guys&#33;

Justin
    W/L/T
    14/3/0

Latest Victims
    4-7-05 - ME! Chris beats me again with his space wolves (he is a good palyer without his eldar).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since he is assaulting 6" this means that he is on foot so no dangerous terrain test.

Since he moves 12" which is more than regular infintry, ie, jet packs, then yes, a difficult terrain test is required if he ends his turn in difficult terrain.

So no, you will never have to roll 2 difficult terrain tests in 1 turn with the same unit. You can call me Captain obvious
    ...and you will know my name is the lord, when I strike down my vengence upon thee...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so your telling me that even if the assault move is not used to assault another unit, that it is compulsory for him to move on foot?

If he was assaulting another unit, then yes, I am 100% with you that he has to do it on foot, but with the jetpacks, they can move even if they are not assaulting.

Also, jetpacks only move 6" in the movement phase, not 12".

Justin
    W/L/T
    14/3/0

Latest Victims

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x7)

If models with Tau Jetpacks don&#39;t assault an enemy unit, their 6" move in the Assault phase is done using the normal Jetpack rules and thus they can move over obstacles without being affected by them but will take a dangerous terrain test if they end their move in terrain.

Thus yes, You can end up taking two terrain tests per turn with Tau Jetpacks.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, is it compulsory to use the jetpack at all? This is something that threw me off, because if they are getting to move 6" during the assault phase, and fire like they hadn&#39;t moved, then they should be forced to move via jetpack..? But in no way does it say that moving with the jetpack is compulsory (i.e. you could walk up, then walk back, but then every unit should be able to do that).

Justin
    W/L/T
    14/3/0

Latest Victims

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x7)

If they&#39;re not using the Jetpack to move in the Assault phase, the only move they can make is the assault move to engage enemy models, which happens on foot.

The only way they can make a move anywhere else is if using the Jetpack and thus following Jetpack rules.

My interpretation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast