Necron Wraith- Jetbikes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright. My friend wants his wraiths to move 24" in a single turn, pretty much. While they are classified as jetbikes (pg 264), nowhere does it state that they can access to the turbo boosters special rule. In the jetbikes section (pg 54), it says:

All bikes can use the Turbo Boosters special rule.
    Well, wraiths don't exactly HAVE engines to turbo with. This is supported in the turbo boosters special rule summary (pg 76):

Units mounted on bikes and jetbikes may utilise turbo-boosters to move at extreme speed.
    Thanks for the help.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing says they are deprived of the turbo boost everything else classified as a bike gets. Jetbikes use the special rules of jetbikes, beasts use the special rules of beasts, etc. Also, trying to justify rules with fluff is unworkable, since most times the rules have no relation to what the fluff states.

Ah yes, if you were wondering: scarabs can also turboboost, but deploy at the start of escalation games since they are stated to be infantry using jetbike movement.
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Baratos@Jan 11 2005, 204
    Nothing says they are deprived of the turbo boost everything else classified as a bike gets. Jetbikes use the special rules of jetbikes, beasts use the special rules of beasts, etc. Also, trying to justify rules with fluff is unworkable, since most times the rules have no relation to what the fluff states.
    Ah yes, if you were wondering: scarabs can also turboboost, but deploy at the start of escalation games since they are stated to be infantry using jetbike movement.
    [snapback]300104[/snapback]
    I agree with everything said there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to have to say that your friend is right, wraiths move as jetbikes. If you take a look on 264, it also classifies scarabs as a certain unit type, but makes a special note about their movement that seperates them from that unit type.
    If the Wraiths were not intended to be able to move as jetbikes, then I would assume that they would be classed under a different listing just like the scarabs. In that supposed case, they would be classed as jetbikes, but with an addedum that they do not move as jetbikes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aight, thanks guys. I wasn't going to deny him the use of turbo boosters if a solid answer against it couldn't be found, thought maybe somebody here had heard differently.

Kind of hurts when I play Tau, you understand I'm sure.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by §ilent§torm@Jan 11 2005, 20:15
    Kind of hurts when I play Tau, you understand I'm sure.
    [snapback]300111[/snapback]
    I know what you mean

+ Reply to Thread