Librarium Online Forums banner

7th ed Detachments ?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JMichael 
#1 ·
Let me see if I have this straight;
I can have any number of detachments.
Each has to have 1-2 HQs and 2 Troops.
Is there a difference between Combined armed and Primary, other then primary has the warlord in it?

Example:
1st detachment: 1 HQ farseer, 2 Troops Avenger units
2nd detachment: 1 HQ farseer, 2 Troops Avenger units
3rd detachment: 2 HQ SightSeers, 2 Troops WraithGuard units
Would that be valid?
Edit/Delete Message

#2 ·
Yes that's the way I read it. In effect the old Double FOC at 2000 points has been replaced by taking as many FOCs as you like for all point levels as long as you fill the minimums.

Many tournaments however will restrict this. A common format is to use the "Rule of two" where you take a Detachment and can then add to it either an ally or a dataslate or a formation or a lord of war etc. it just stops people taking 9 riptides in a battleforged list by taking a cheap tau firewarrior HQ + 2x6 firewarriors and 3 riptides then repeating 2 or 3 times until the points run out.

#4 ·
Combined Arms Detachements are just one type of Detachment. There are other types in some codices and Forgeworld books.
As long as your army consists of Detachments then you are Battle-Forged. Though some detachments may not confer any Command Benefits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.