Twin Linked? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twin Linked?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Twin Linked?

This is going to sound like a very stupid question. The twin linked rule i always played was for example on a Land raider with two twin linked lascannons. I would shoot all four lascannons and reroll all missed hits. But a recent oppenent said that was all wrong and that it being twin linked meant that you could only fire one of the guns and then roll missed hits. It being twin linked did not mean you could not fire four but only two. Which is the right way?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Twin Linked?

Your opponent is an idiot. You get to reroll ALL the misses for ALL the twin-linked weapons you have in your army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From a GW Q&A:

Does a twin linked heavy bolter get:
    (A) 3 shots re-rolling misses or
    (B) 6 shots re-rolling misses

The answer is A. Twin linking does not increase the number of shots a player rolls, but it allows the player to re-roll any misses.

A vanilla Land Raider has a twin linked lascannon in each sponson. Each sponson is a weapon (if you moved up to 6" you could only fire one of the sponsons). If you were to fire each sponson at a model, you would roll for each twin-linked lascannon (2 total) and re-rolling misses. A land raider not moving (remember rotating in place is not considered movement for this purpose) can fire all of it's weapons, incluging the hull mounted TL heavy bolters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol..... the reason he said that was probably because he didn't want you to fire all 4 shots, It's more or less like cheating. ( He most likely new that you could fire all)

Ino
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twin linked weaponry do not actually fire twice the number of shots allowed by the weapon. A twin linked heavy bolter will only fire 3 shots, all with rerolling misses. Your opponent was correct, you don't get 4 lascannon shots off of your landraider. You get 2 shots with rerolls (one for each twin-linked lascannon sponson.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Twin Linked?

[quote="chemicalcaveman"]The twin linked rule i always played was for example on a Land raider with two twin linked lascannons. I would shoot all four lascannons and reroll all missed hits.[quote]
    Don't think of it as four lascannons, it isn't. It is two twin linked lascannons. In effect it's just like having two master-crafted lascannons. You get two shots. Each shot can re-roll once if it misses (so if, for instance, you roll for the two shots and roll two 1's, you can re-roll both shots, but if you hit with both, it's just 2 shots for you).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its just like two seperate weapons (the 4 lascannons of the LR) you just happen to shoot something twice thats all hope that helps

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twin linked is ok...

But instead, use VDR rules and give the bloody lascannon a gatling upgrade :twisted:

Kasutta!
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its just like two seperate weapons (the 4 lascannons of the LR)
    Okay, this and something you said earlier is getting me a bit worried, chemicalcaveman. I assume you are talking about a plain old land raider. You mention FOUR lascanons. If you are talking about the twin-linked lascannons in the sponsons, these are not treated as individual lascannons. Think of each twin-linked Lacannon as a regular cannon (only one STR 9 shot per sponson) with the ability to re-roll misses.

So it may look like there are 4 cannons on it, but there are actually just 2. You just get to re-roll misses for each sponson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by saying four lascannons i meant the barrels of the twin linked weapon thats why i go on later to say its like your shooting something twice... the good old imperial way

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast