Help With Cc Weapon Choices, And Plasma - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    The Voice of Reason RJSuperfreaky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x3)

Recently I have seen some people talking about equipping commanders with both a powerfist, a power weapon, and a bolt pistol. They then state that they will use the BP/PW for some combats, and the BP/PF for other combats. Is this legal? I always interpreted the rules to mean that you could have one or the other, but not both, nor could you choose which to use. In other words, you could go with a powerfist/BP, or a Pw/BP, or a PW/PF, but not all 3, and not choose which combo to use.

A second question. If a plasma weapon overheats, and the model is not destroyed (i.e. makes its save), can they use the plasma weapon the next turn? Or is the weapon considered destroyed and now the guy is barefisting it for the rest of the game?

Thanks in advance.

Marion: You're not the man I knew ten years ago.
    Indiana: It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

For the last time, there are
    NO FEMALE SPACE MARINES!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

can't take 3 different weapons, besides if he picks powerweapon and powerfists, he must choose with which weapon he'll strike, the other weapon will count as an additional ccw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

Originally posted by RJSuperfreaky@Jan 18 2005, 09:54
    Recently I have seen some people talking about equipping commanders with both a powerfist, a power weapon, and a bolt pistol. They then state that they will use the BP/PW for some combats, and the BP/PF for other combats. Is this legal? I always interpreted the rules to mean that you could have one or the other, but not both, nor could you choose which to use. In other words, you could go with a powerfist/BP, or a Pw/BP, or a PW/PF, but not all 3, and not choose which combo to use.

A second question. If a plasma weapon overheats, and the model is not destroyed (i.e. makes its save), can they use the plasma weapon the next turn? Or is the weapon considered destroyed and now the guy is barefisting it for the rest of the game?

Thanks in advance.
    [snapback]305884[/snapback]
    Even if he took all 3 weapons there is no combination possible for power weapon and bolt pistol. Where would the powerfist go? It not a sheathable weapon. And you can't hold a bolt pistol or a power weapon with a powerfisted hand (a power fist isn't designed for delicate work such as firing or even holding another weapon without crushing it)

There are weapon loadouts available for 3 weapons. For instance inspiring champions of slaanesh can have a bolt pistol and ccw and a doom siren.

As for the plasma weapon getting hot and then the wound being saved....Well I always play it that the weapon successfully vented its heat without damaging the weilder and can be used again ad nauseum until it finally does kill the weilder or the game is over, whichever comes first! If anyone has any better insight than this I'd like to hear it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe, with the plasma see the little vents on the front? thats where it blows the overheated plasma from, the gun is made to do it, and has most likley in fluff terms overheated hundreds of times, now if it turns your guardsman into a steaming pile of goo, well, thats his problem.
    Take my words with a grain of salt, i am not the tactical genius i think i am!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

There are weapon loadouts available for 3 weapons. For instance inspiring champions of slaanesh can have a bolt pistol and ccw and a doom siren.
    How does that work? I thought the one 1-H & one 2-H OR two 1-H weapons rule was universal for 40K...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the top of the armory page in just about every, if not all, codecies is the entry "Models with access to the armory may take two weapons, one of which may be two handed" Two weapons, period. This does not count certain weapons and special rules which have their own specified changes.

You can choose which weapon you will use during a phase. If you took a power weapon and power fist you can pick one to use and change it each phase. However ANY and ALL attacks are made using only ONE weapon during that phase. Weapon combinations that add +1A count their additional attack using that same one weapon. You cannot mix and match, you cannot combine powers. (Don't respond with any special character that can do other things. We're talking about basic rules.)

As has been asked many times in this forum (hint use the search function) plasma weapons are not destroyed when they OVERHEAT. They do not explode or anything else. They may be used over and over even if they overheat every time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does that work? I thought the one 1-H & one 2-H OR two 1-H weapons rule was universal for 40K...
    Its a no-handed weapon, like a backpack the slaanesh guy wears.
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

+ Reply to Thread