Techmarine Gun Servitors! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Note that only one plasma cannon armed gun servitor can be taken per techmarine."

From the techmarine entry.

Does this meaqn if i have 3 tech marines, and one of those techmarines has servitors, that I can have 3 plasma cannons in the servitor retinue of one techmarine.

It doesn't say 'one plasmacannon per retinue' does it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

uh....No?

Im amazed you could come up with such a bizarre and twisted wording.. The rules for the entry are for the ENTRY, not for multiple tech marines you may or may not take

1 plasma cannon per tech marine means THAT tech marine may have 1 plasma cannon...

Anyway Its just amusing to me how people read things

Thats like saying you could take 4 tactical squads and give all the special weapons and heavy weapons to one squad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it was for the entry, then why not word it like every other entry 'one [unit] may be armed with a [weapon]'? look at the wording for gun servitors in deamon or witch hunters. it staates clearly that one servitor in the retinue can be upgraded as such.

is it really so far fetched? Aren't their other instances where a unit cap of one type was dependent on the number of units of another type? kind of like warlocks for eldar, 5 per farseer.

(and please, don't talk like i'm some crzy newbie, i've been playing this game for over ten years and am always amazed at the technicalities that emerge in the rules so i'm just trying to clarify this before i take them in an army or beforre i see someone else with this configuration)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

No, you cannot take multiple PC's for one techmarine, even if you have other techmarines in the army. Kirasu is completely right, the upgrades and weapons choices within the unit's entry is to that unit only, and you cannot play around with min/maxing multiples of that unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Face it, your using the wording of the rules to defeat the spirit of the rules.

The way the codex is written, it obviously means that one plasma cannon can be taken per techmarine meaning one per retinue.

If they didnt write it, you cant do it. Just because they didnt say you can't, doesnt mean you can.

+ Reply to Thread