Dh Dreads And Psycannon Bolts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesnt specifically allow the use of psycannon bolts with the Dread Hvy Bolter in the daemonhunter codex, but it doesnt disallow it either.

Can you use psycannon bolts with a dread heavy bolter or not ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there an option to do it in the vehicle upgrades section of the wargear section? if not then no you can't.
    edit: why don't you just give it a psycannon? its got a higher strength and has psycannon bolts already included.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, there is an 'Psycannon Bolts' option alongside the Dread entry, but this could be in order to upgrade the storm bolter that the dread has. It doesnt say.

There is no 'Psycannon' entry for dreads, so thats why you cant just give it one. Boo!

The wargear section describes how psycannon bolts work, but doesnt mention heavy bolters, but does mention storm bolters (obviously).

But you would think that a heavy bolter would be capable of using psycannon 'bolts', but it doesnt actually mention it, so thats why I thought I'd ask.
    :hmm:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it doesn't mention it then you can't do it. Psycannon bolts are only for the bolter family (pistol, bolt gun, stormbolter). It is much like the Inferno Bolt for Tzeentch armies.

As for the psycannon, forgeworld makes a dreadnought armed with one, I doubt it is chapter approved though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

You guys are reading the Psycannon Bolts entry for infantry, not for vehicles. The entry for Vehicles (DH, page 19) clearly states that Psycannon Bolts (for vehicles) upgrade stormbolters and heavy bolters only (and it even states that Twin Linked versions of those weapons are upgraded as well). So yes, you CAN take a GK Dreadnought with psycannon bolts and upgrade it's TL-Heavy Bolter. But it also mentions that the upgrade only applies to the specific weapon it's purchased for, and since you can't take upgrades twice, you can't have it apply to both a TL-heavy bolter and to the stormbolter.

It doesn't upgrade regular bolters on vehicles, so no psycannon bolts for your Crusader's sponsons, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Y)

Thanks, mEGALOMANIAC, yep you were right, I was reading the wrong bit.

That makes a lot more sense now, but (now) I've read the rule I don't see the bit about only applying to the specific weapon its purchased for.

The wording I have (paraphrasing) talks about 'secondary weapons systems' i.e. plural. Where is the 'specific' bit mentioned.

Apologies in advance if I am being a numpty. :unsure:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

"A Storm Bolter or Heavy Bolter (TL or otherwise) with this upgrade counts as..."
    I just assumed that meant you bought the upgrade for a specific gun since it doesn't say "a vehicle with bolt weapons and this upgrade", just "the weapon with this upgrade". But that might be a case of me reading into it too much, dunno for sure.

+ Reply to Thread