Deep Strike And Necron Cheeze - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have been playing game after game, trying to find a real weakness in the necron army and my opponent like to use his 23 shot "mobile death squad" to teleport around the battlefield with the veil of darkness and annihilate my troops.

My question is this. The necron player likes to place the ordinance template ususally right next to my troops. Several times he has either "hit" dead on, or scattered within very close to my troops. The template has been within 1 inch of my troops several times and he manages to shift the teleporting troops to the outer edge of the circle to avoid being destroyed. Is this legal?

Also, in regards to the monolith one question: Does the crystal matrix ordinance shot fire ONLY from the front? I have actually immobilized the monolith (never destroyed) and this was a point of arguement.

Thanks
    :w

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Concerning the deepstriking, yes, this is perfectly legal. In some cases he ever may overlap bases and place models beyond the edge of the template in order to fit them into the available space, as written in the rulebook clarifications file. It happens very very rarely that a deepstriking unit is destroyed due to insufficient space - basically this can only happen if the whole ordnance marker landed in impassable terrain or on a huge enemy unit, so that there is no legal space to place minis at all on it.

Since vehicles use "real" firing arcs, i would assume that the big gun has a 90° front arc, because the crystal is hidden to the other directions. If you opponent makes a conversion of his monolith with a 360° arc, then just slap him

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slap him any way he is a necron player

Closed Thread