Another Tmc's Allocating Attacks Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry about this but I've just played a game where my opponent had the biggest difficulty accepting that i could single out his aspiring champion (his fault for getting into btb) with my hive tyrant. apparently now the monstrous creature entry in the bgb says that MC's follow all infantry rules as well as MC rules. so apparently TMC's follow regular infantry rules, MC rules and TMC rules. and I've been told that somewhere in there it says infantry can't allocate attacks. is it true? if so where can i find it? if it is true what effect does this have on TMC's?

i got away with it in the end. he couldn't find anything to say that i couldn't allocate. :ph34r:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

apparently now the monstrous creature entry in the bgb says that MC's follow all infantry rules as well as MC rules. so apparently TMC's follow regular infantry rules, MC rules and TMC rules.
    Nowhere.

and I've been told that somewhere in there it says infantry can't allocate attacks. is it true? i
    Nowhere.

Even if the above were true, it wouldn't change anything. The FAQ endorses the BGB MC rules and the Codex Tyranid TMC rules, it effectively puts them up to its own rank - FAQ rank, the highest rank available. Therefore any contradicting other rules in the rulebook are superceded by these.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks.
    now is it wrong to abuse the rule by using two winged hive tyrants and charging only into squads with really expensive seargents?
    because i really feel like some revenge is in order. the chaos guy complained that since his lord couldn't do it, neither could I. damn chaos, aren't their lords good enogh already?
    then he claimed that the nid codex, the new imperial guard codex, and basically everything else that came out since chaos was more broken than the chaos codex.
    *sigh*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh plz, if any army has a valid complaint about TMC's, it is not chaos, with their stinkin pumped up dp's and greater daemons....

:rolleyes:

TMC's can allocate attacks, and lords can't. Thems the rules.

People say things are broken when they can't fight them. Now if *everyone* says it is broken (because they can't fight them), then perhaps it *is* broken, and at that point gw needs to step in and fix it.

So whatever, anyone can say tyranids are broken, heck, it is easy to say that chaos is broken too.

Justin
    Wednesday nights at GW (Ontario Mills in Ontario, CA)
    W/L/T
    14/3/0

Latest Victims
    4-7-05 - SoB 1200, S&D Omega, Opponent was new.
    4-7-05 - ME! Chris beats me again with his space wolves (he is a good palyer without his eldar).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

Yes TMCs can allocate attacks because GW showed their laziness and allowed tyranids to use a totally out of date set of rules regarding their characters

Its legal, I think its stupid, but it's allowed so gotta go with it. I wouldnt get too used to this as I suspect and assume TMC will have that ability taken away from them with the new codex, as every single other model in the game had that ability taken away in 4th edition (and tyranids only got it back because of said laziness, because it was fixed with the trial assault rules which GW failed to utilize well)

Anyway like I said its just an oversight and GW's unwillingness to rewrite rules. As for now, it's legal and opponents should adjust accordingly. There is no reason you need to have the sergeant in BTB with the hive tyrant heh

+ Reply to Thread