40k And D&d - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: 40k And D&d

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was reading one of the other posts in this forum (the one about extra attacks) and this popped into my head. What if you used the 40K rules for everything but assault, and switched to D&D combat rules when you got to it? It would make the game much more detailed as well as making the smaller skirmishes (750pts or less) slightly more interesting. Can anybody else see this working or being even vaguely viable?

"I am, after all," said Pooh, "a bear of very little brain." -- A.A. Milne

<a href='http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=7017&amp;t=1' target='_blank'>Get Firefox&#33;</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oi&#33; :o

Zoom in for a D&D battle? That would be TERRIBLY time-consuming and confusing, replacing all the D6 with D20, D8, D12, etc. and transferring inches to feet and.... blargh&#33; *head explodes* Let&#39;s just leave WH40k the way it is. :rolleyes:
    Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or you could use Inquisitor...

Heh, it was just a vague idea that popped into my head. It might work a leetle bit.
    &quot;I am, after all,&quot; said Pooh, &quot;a bear of very little brain.&quot; -- A.A. Milne

<a href='http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=7017&amp;t=1' target='_blank'>Get Firefox&#33;</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could work, but I don&#39;t know how many people would dig it, especially when it came down to 20-man teams going at it. *shudders* Oh the agonizing D&D battles....

But if we did stick it in, Khorne&#39;s greater daemon is a pit fiend.
    Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instead of using D&D rules for close combat, you&#39;d be better off just expanding the current assult rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I suppose so.

First thing to go? Armour saves. Just increase toughness to reflect armour. It&#39;s much easier that way.
    &quot;I am, after all,&quot; said Pooh, &quot;a bear of very little brain.&quot; -- A.A. Milne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then what about power weapons? and invulnerable saves? kinda jumble everything up a bit. And toughness repersents their over all abilty to take a blow, while save is their abilty of their armour or something simlar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slayer&#39;s right, it would kind of screw everything up. If you want to make the close combat system more detailed, why are you taking things out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YOu need to get rid of the crap to improve it, which is the primary aim. You check to see if you have hurt someone and then roll to see if their armour deflected it? Pointless. Boil the system down to it&#39;s basic and then start adding from there. Else you&#39;ll get a rickety structure that will be even more convoluted than the current assault rules.

Invulnerable saves then become an extra safety net. Once you have your T beaten, you can then take the Invulnerable save. Power weapons pose slightly more of a problem. One has to consider the introduction of modifiers into the system, which shouldn&#39;t be done lightly... I have it&#33; You still have the two values T and Save but you add them together to get what the S needs to beat. It needs refinement, but I believe that might work. Roughly thinking (off the top of my head), Str vs. (T + 1/2(7 - Save)).

You never know, it might work. I&#39;ll try and refine it some and post that up.

Closed Thread