Do "severing cut" wounds from the Leviathan siege claw spill over to other models? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do "severing cut" wounds from the Leviathan siege claw spill over to other models?

Do "severing cut" wounds from the Leviathan siege claw spill over to other models?

The rules as written are as follows:

"Severing Cut: Each time a non-vehicle model suffers an unsaved wound from this weapon, roll a D6. On a 4+, the model suffers an additional D3 wounds which must be saved separately using the weapon’s profile"

So, my rationale is that wounds in assault phase do spill over to other models, even in a model vs model situation like in a challenge.

But my opponent said - and I gave him the benefit of the doubt for this game - that as the rule refers to "the model" the wounds do not spill over.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incase anyone else was wondering just had an email response from Forgeworld and they have said:

" the additional wounds from Severing Cut are against a single model, they do not spread out over the unit. It is basically designed to take out multiple wound creatures, or characters etc."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry you had to answer your own question - I've not used them at all (nor come across them in game).

+ Reply to Thread