Howling Banshees - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PLease forgive me if this topic has been done a million times or if its in the wrong area as I am relativly new.

My gaming group and I have had this argument/discussion/fist fight many times over a rule in the eldar codex. The rule is acrobat .

My understanding is that right before combat, the exarch(s) are placed anywhere they want. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by windowlicker@Feb 18 2005, 20:39
    PLease forgive me if this topic has been done a million times or if its in the wrong area as I am relativly new.

My gaming group and I have had this argument/discussion/fist fight many times over a rule in the eldar codex. The rule is acrobat .

My understanding is that right before combat, the exarch(s) are placed anywhere they want. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
    [snapback]333642[/snapback]
    You got it. Although not clearly explained, my guess would be you can only place your exarch in a spot with room (enemy units do not have to make room), and the exarch *must* engage an enemy model, so cannot use acrobatics to stay out of b2b.

Justin
    Wednesday nights at GW (Ontario Mills in Ontario, CA)
    W/L/T
    14/3/0

Latest Victims
    4-7-05 - SoB 1200, S&D Omega, Opponent was new.
    4-7-05 - ME! Chris beats me again with his space wolves (he is a good palyer without his eldar).

Sexy land, for only the coolest of people
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you just place it next whichever guy you want it to attack in the squad or whatever.
    "God works in mysterious ways."
    "Everything happens for a reason."

I actually have a slug living in YOU, right now...

Slowly will start playing: Iyanden, and Chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

What exactly is the question? You didnt say "what" the fights were about heh.. They just dont like the ability, what?

After a charge move but before attacks are worked out the exarch is able to move into contact with any enemy model in the unit she wants.. Nothing much more to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its just say that I have a court of the young king attacking an Ork HQ I want all my howling banshees to acrobat to the nob or boss. But lets say all of them get into b2b with the boss do they work out all the attacks on just that boss? Or I just work our attacks on anything they choose within 2" of the banshees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Originally posted by windowlicker@Feb 19 2005, 19:28
    I want all my howling banshees to acrobat
    --- This might be the problem... Only one model has the Acrobat ability, and that's the Banshee Exarch. The rest of the Banshees stick where they assaulted.

Not that familiar with Craftworld Eldar, so if You have any special rules allowing all of Your Banshees the Acrobat ability, then so it is.

do they work out all the attacks on just that boss?
    --- Yes, Ork Warbosses are Independent Characters. As ICs, they're treated as separate units for purposes of fighting in CC. All the models in BtB with the IC, and those within 2" of the models in BtB with the IC may allocate their attacks to the IC.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only the exarch gets it.

All models who are in b2b with the warboss, or any model not in b2b with another enemy but within 2" of a model within its unit that is in b2b with the warboss may attack the warboss directly, since he is considered a unit on his own, being an independent character.

Justin
    Wednesday nights at GW (Ontario Mills in Ontario, CA)
    W/L/T
    14/3/0

Latest Victims
    4-7-05 - SoB 1200, S&D Omega, Opponent was new.
    4-7-05 - ME! Chris beats me again with his space wolves (he is a good palyer without his eldar).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my friends and I actually had the same problem, after alot of asking around we were told that they can be placed anywhere within the combat. So basically you can position yourself anywhere and attack naything, BTW with 4th ed closecombat you can attack anything withing two inches.

yah Biel-Tan craftworld eldar have court of the young king, i.e. an Avatar guarded by 3-5 exarchs of your choosing exception being warpspiders, swooping hawks, dark reapers, and shining spears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

yeah in the case of the court of the young king you can give them all acrobatic. Then yes you could reposistion all of them. If you get 1 exarch in BTB with the Warboss then 4 in BTB with the nobs you could have all of the exarchs strike whomever they wanted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Originally posted by Kirasu@Feb 21 2005, 03:23
    If you get 1 exarch in BTB with the Warboss then 4 in BTB with the nobs you could have all of the exarchs strike whomever they wanted
    --- Well, "whomever they wanted" isn't quite exact enough... After all, the Exarchs can't choose to attack specific models.

More accurate would be to say that You can position the Exarchs with Acrobat in whichever way You wanted, and to keep in mind whether You want them to strike the Ork Boss or the retinue, since this will affect their placement.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast