Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Question about the rhino

3K views 32 replies 6 participants last post by  Digimon 
#1 ·
Ok im new to Warhammer and i know this is a dumb question. :oops:
If you have a tactical squad and you give it a rhino, does the rhino still count as a troop choice or not?

#27 ·
Yeah... It's kinda cool how the rhino has its ramp on the rear and the LR has it on the front... A squad of Termies doesn't really nead much cover with that armour...

#29 ·
Who said anything about not having a LR? I agree that if you have a squad of Termies a LR is a must.

#30 ·
I have termies and a Land Raider, but I don't use the Land Raider to transport them, I'm a little obsessed with fluff so I field all my IW squads in multiples of 3, meaning I always have a 6-man Terminator squad. The Land Raider transports another squad (with some meltaguns) if I use it.

#31 ·
The thing is I don't play often enough any more to make the time and money investment in a Land Raider worth it. That's 250 points and a lot of painting time I could spend on tactical squads and rhinos. Besides, terminators can deep strike...:)

About the Land Raider's hatch, I think it is also in the front because the idea is that when it breeches a line it may not get all the way through the breech, say if the breech is too small to fit and it just has to pull up to it. In that case the terminators would face fire no matter where they come out (since it is far enough forward dismounting in back wouldn't help much) and by dismounting up front the terminators don't have to worry about fire from behind the Land Raider, only from in front, which is where they are going anyways. Besides, it just looks cooler...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.