Conversion / Painting Rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where can I find a link/download for the official rules regarding troop requirement to use in an official game?

I would like all the info, but specifically I am planning on making a CSM chapter using Warhammer fantasy chaos warriors, tomb kings skeleton skulls for heads, and CSM weapons and maybe packs.

Also, if I make a splinter chapter, basically using the same rules but different colors and models, how different can the models be? Like if I use a death guard offshoot which are more like undead (see model idea above) then could I use models that looked like grim reapers than plague midgets?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know links but most tournaments have simple rles that all look alike for excample all your miniatures must come from GW (forgeworld are forbidden on some tours) Also you need at least 3 colours on your units. (and not 3 times the same colour duh). These are ussaly the rules that aplly to most tours rules may vary piece for piece depends on local gw's or watever tour your on. Best way is to e mail them and ask wats forbidden and wat aint. I dont think there gonna complain about conversions BUT there are tours were you get WYSIWYG and therefor glueing 2 CCW on your marine also means heh as 2 CCW and not a pistol. Something you should keep in mind.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Archonbjorn@Mar 6 2005, 15:31
    I dont know links but most tournaments have simple rles that all look alike for excample all your miniatures must come from GW (forgeworld are forbidden on some tours) Also you need at least 3 colours on your units. (and not 3 times the same colour duh). These are ussaly the rules that aplly to most tours rules may vary piece for piece depends on local gw's or watever tour your on. Best way is to e mail them and ask wats forbidden and wat aint. I dont think there gonna complain about conversions BUT there are tours were you get WYSIWYG and therefor glueing 2 CCW on your marine also means heh as 2 CCW and not a pistol. Something you should keep in mind.
    [snapback]345495[/snapback]
    I plan on the weapons being the same, however certain aspects will be different of the base model....

Instead of a Chaos Space Marine with bolt pistol and chain sword I wanna use....

Chaos Warrior (fantasy armor), skeleton skull (head), and chaos space marine bolt pistol, and fantasy sword/axe for CCW

Instead of Plaguebearers of Nurgle, use wraiths (fantasy - from vampire counts) with maybe some green-stuff put on for green ooze

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're on completely safe grounds. Take a look at past armies and you'll see some very extreme conversions. As long as you model looks like what its supposed to be, e.g. the armor looks like the right type of armor, the weapons are identifieable, major wargear is represented, then you're fine. For the complete rules go HERE.

Here's the GT 40k excerpt:

• All models must be painted and based, meaning that all models are required to have at least three colors on them. At the bare minimum, bases must be painted if they are not flocked. If your models are not painted, they may not be used in the Grand Tournament. Completely unpainted armies will not be allowed to enter the Grand Tournament.
    For example, if your army is painted, but you have one unit that is not painted, that unit may not be used in your games at the Grand Tournament. The new painting requirements apply to ALL unpainted models, from one character or crewman to entire units. Painting rules will be strictly enforced at all events.

• All models must be Citadel, Marauder, Fanatic, or Forge World models. Forge World models may only be used to represent entries from Codexes or Army books. Vehicles from the Imperial Armour book are not permitted.

• What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG). If you wish to use an item, it must be represented on the figure. Army list choices whose models aren’t available must be converted. Remember, if you are in doubt about a conversion you have done, you probably shouldn’t use it! Please call us before the tournament to find out if your conversion or scratch-built piece is acceptable. We don’t want you showing up with something you can’t use!

+ Reply to Thread