Damaged Vehicles And Target Priority - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked all over the BGB but can't find a definitive answer...

If a vehicle and immobilized and has all weapons destroyed does it still count as a priority target if it's the closest? i.e. do I need to take an Ld test to shoot a target other than the broken-down useless vehicle? I know that vehicles in this condition effectively count as destroyed for VP purposes so I thought it might transition over to the vague and poorly-written priority rules..

This message brought to you by The Council of People Who Are Sick Of Seeing More People.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

This doesn't have anything to do with Tactics & Strategies, but is a Rules query... Answered by 4thEd page 67, right column, "Immobilized", paragraph three: "Note: A vehicle..."

As You can see, it's not just for VP purposes.

In case it still isn't clear, wrecks are terrain just like woods, ruins, etc, and thus do not affect target priority.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

88 (x3)

Moved to 40K Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

*gets Big Slighty Green Book*

IMHO, yes you do...because even if the tank is Immobilised, and has all of its S4 weapons destroyed, its still not destroyed, and NOR does it count as a wreck.

For example: You shoot a tank which is already immobilied, and has lost its Turret and sponson weapons, with your Lascannon Marine Bloke, hit, etc etc.
    And you get another weapon destroyed result...so you decide...in all wisdom, that you'll take the only thing left, the Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter.
    It then doesn't become a wreck....its just a tank which can't do anything bar sit there and wait for a tech marine if there is one.
    In order for you to blow it up and make it a wreck you need to shoot it again...just this time, its A LOT more easy to do.

You still only get half VP's for it, and in my eyes its still a normal vehicle in regards to the Ld test and closest target thing.
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x7)

Ah, correct, I can see where I went wrong... It isn't immediately destroyed at that point, only by further Imm/WDst hits.

In such a case it would indeed be counted as a damaged vehicle, and would still affect target priority as normal... You troops aren't going to totally ignore it until it's a smoking wreck. =)

I was about to get pretty fumed... Now I&#39;m going to get some sleep before I accidentally botch up something else since I&#39;m not thinking clearly. Never read forums when tired&#33; >_<
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

I&#39;ve lost all faith in Finland due to your screw up Uzi

Anyway thats a good strategy, just make the opponent take a ton of LD checks because of your rhino sitting there (As if they ever survive tho)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That&#39;s kinda what I thought but I was holding out one last hope.

Sorry about initially putting this in the wrong forum, apparently my brain exploded and for some reason I thought I was in the rules forum.
    This message brought to you by The Council of People Who Are Sick Of Seeing More People.

+ Reply to Thread