Tank Shock Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Tank Shock Help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, when you use tank shock, and the enemy fails morale, do they automatically die. How does it work?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you look it up in the 40k manual? I don't have mine in front of me, but Tank Shock is pretty simple for the offense I think, it's just a way to force a leadership check on a unit. The only way a model gets run over is if it chooses death or glory, (must pass leadership check first), and fails to kill the tank.

Note that when multiple models go for "death or glory" attacks, you should roll for them one at a time, not all at once. This is because each model that fails is squished by the tank in turn, so you can imagine how rolling all hits at once like you normally do in 40k messes up the system. (i.e. If 5 models choose to make the "DoG" attack on the tank and you roll all 5 to hit dice together, and only 1 hits and kills, you don't know if the other four guys would've been squished first or if they never would've gotten the chance to fail because the first guy in line got the kill)

The book has more to say about it, but that's all there is to running people over I think.

Oh ya, and to be clear, if the unit passes its leadership test than any models who would end up under the tank's final posistion are simply displaced by it, moving to the side. (and potentially breaking unit coherency but the book doesn't really explain that, so I guess it's just accepted that the unit needs to regain coherency during their move phase, and the break has no other effect). If the tank would simply be passing through the unit and moving to a point beyond any of the models, then they're not moved at all I think. It's assumed that the models move out of the way then back into posistion as the vehicle passes by.

humph, guess I should've just reproduced the whole thing. I may be wrong about some little detail, so it's best to check. I think the 3ed rulebook is pretty clear about it though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx, not even I understood that until now! Thanx for that Papabear!! Finally!! Mesa understand!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the nu rulz suck with the 1st ed rulz u can run the little shits down

Closed Thread