Help Needed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok the xv88 can have target locks to help fire independantly from the rest of its squad. what i was wondering is how mny target locks are needed to make the whole squad able to fire at other units.

the first idea is that all 3 need target locks

the second is that 2 need target locks so if the shas'vre fires at enemy A then shas'ui 1 can fire at enemy B and shas'ui 2 can fire at enemy C

what does everyone think.

Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think only 2. Each target lock allows the model to fire independently from his unit, and the models without target lock are always allowed to target one enemy unit anyway.

Just think of it by adding one target lock at a time.
    3 crisis suits, 1 with a target lock: that unit can target any one other unit, and the model with the target lock can choose to target another if he wants... therefore the unit can basically target two other units, (but weapons fire from each model can't be split).

3 crisis suits, 2 target locks: you just add one more target option for the unit, bringing it to 3, with the same restrictions placed on fire from individual models.

I know that explanation may've been unneccessary, but the short answer didn't seem helpful enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks when i asked it at my local gw i confused the guy so oh well. i like the broadsides and i want to be able to target 3 different tanks with one unit.

Another question is when you pay the point to upgrade the kroot armour to 6+ do you have to pay a point for the shaper.

i.e i have 15 kroot and a shaper.

i decide to upgrade the armour to 6+ do i pay 15 or 16 points?

thanks for your help.

oh and as i said in one of your other posts i like the idea of firewarriors having a better bs.
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a good question, made me wanna check the codex for the wording.

15 pts. The shaper comes with the 6+ save, (according to the stats), and the description says that the "Kroot" can get the save, with no mention of the shaper upgrading, so I'm pretty sure its just the 15.

Something I've wondered about though are the krootox and hounds. It seems like they don't have to pay for the upgrade to me, which makes the upgrade a much better deal if you attach them.
    Attach some hounds or an ox and those models get the leadership upgrade and save for free, not to mention the fact that they bolster your unit strength so you can afford to go with fewer kroot, meaning less pts spent on the save as well.

Just a thought I've had, I don't know how well it works for people in practice. It seems like all of those models might make the unit a bit unwieldy to maneuver at times, but those hounds are a big step up in HtH from tau troops, and cheap to boot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i am sure that hounds and krootox get the 6+ for free but i didnt want to waste the point on the shaper if i didnt have to because one of my friends is really mean if you go over by 1 point he would make me drop a hound or something.

i like the release the hounds special rule personally becuase it helps drastically against guard because they usually end up dying.

how does 2 units each having 16 kroot + shape + 16 hounds sound.

let me know what you think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you get a maximum of 8 hounds per fast attack choice, so each unit would take up three choices. I think 20 carnivores rather than 16 is better, but otherwise a very scary unit. :w 32 hounds would be 4 fast attack choices, you can only have three.
    Apathy is the greatest enemy of all.

=0_o=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks i forgot that hounds were only squads of 8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good, (with the modifications made like hamster said). You don't need any other fast atk options right? (I don't like the others really, drones maybe),
    All of those kroot+hounds makes a pretty powerful force that can infilitrate, get 4+ invul saves in the woods, moving quickly through the woods, and all of those str 4 attacks once the other guy breaks. Good plan.

Depending on how many FWs you wanna field, you might want to do 16 kroot+16 hounds in one group, and put the last 8 hounds in another, or you might want to split em up in 3 groups of 8.

Actually, scratch that. For each new squad of kroot you need another shaper, and that's too expensive, so I'd try to put as many kroot hounds as you can into just 1 kroot squad. You could potentially do 20 kroot like hamster said, then put all 3 fast attack choices into that squad, (20 hounds), that's a big unit sink, but like I said before you don't have much else to do with Tau fst atk options. On the downside, all of those kroot models, (total of 40), would have to be packed tight and so they'd be really vulnerable to IG ordinance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you need more than two target locks in one squad.......Would be a bit confusing.......I mean, you choose a target, and then you fire at three different target squads, so the original squad has no hits against them? What the *****? Never mind.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks for that everyone know i know but i dont want to collect tau anymore

but at least i know if i come up against them

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast