Cross Equiping? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cross Equiping?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I run a Space Marine army with allied Daemonhunters. Now if you think about it, sense they are allied they should be able to use eachothers equipment. For example, what if I want to give my Inquisitor Lord an Adamantine Mantle, can I do that. If you think of it as real, it would make total sense that they could use eachothers armories.

A Thought,
    WarBaby

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Not really. I mean, a SM commander wouldn't loan his prized mantle to some Inquisitor fellow. For all the Imperial armies, their armouries are mostly the same - power weapons, bolt pistols, etc. The special stuff in each army's store is just that - special. If it was meant for other armies to use, they'd have it in their armouries as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well yeah, but there teamed up. And the Inquisitor Lord (in my fluff) kinda took control of the SM part cause he's tainted.

WarpBaby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Yea, but the SM still wouldn't allow him access to their holy armoury.

You're trying to get a mantle for an Inquisitor - look at the wargear already in their armoury. It's pretty terrifying, if you build one right. Acolytes, by the way, remove the need for a mantle - you can just pass the wound off to one of them, even in CC! Take three Acolytes, and give each one different armor or invulnerable saves (you pass off the wound BEFORE armor saves are taken, so the Acolyte's saves are what's important here), and your Inquisitor Lord suddenly has 6 wounds and is immune to instant death on the first three of those. Not bad, if you ask me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, thats right...I alreaddy got two so that'll help. Im going to go rethink my equiptions.

WarpBaby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

As said, You can't cross-equip across different armouries (unless the rules state something which would specifically allow You to do so).

Fluffwise, it goes like this:

The Inquisitor does not know what a Salamander Mantle does. All he knows it's some sort of a semi-religious artifact-thing which some SM leaders wear to battle... This is a particular mannerism of the chapter, why would the Inquisitor even want to do so? Surely his own sacred artifacts are more potent than those of his allied SM...

As for the SM, they don't offer the =][= the Salamander Mantle to use... Well, because s/he's not a SM him/herself, and only members of the chapter are allowed to wear the sacred artifacts that belong to the chapter.

Thus cross-equipping makes no sense.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah...sure cross equipping...well gee, I'm playing a 2vs2 game with necrons (me) and chaos on my side. I think it makes perfect sense to give my lord destroyer body and stature and hell, I'll give him lightning claws and terminator armor too.

*sarcasm off*

The special equipment is what makes an army truly unique. To mix and match is foolish at best.

(and yes I know terminator armor and stature cannot be taken together)

+ Reply to Thread