Wbb Rolls - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wbb Rolls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I need some clarification on the WBB rolls.

The Lord's orb allows a WBB if a model in the unit is within 6' of the Lord if the model was killed by a cc weapon that allows no save or was killed by a weapon 2x the T of the model. It goes on further to state that the Lord augments the Necron self repair systems. (The Oxford dictionary says: augment = to add to; to increase)

Now if a unit it totally wiped out and there are no similar units (ignore the TS) in 6' do they get a WBB if within 6' of the Lord.

Yes - The Lord augments the warriors and therefore allows a WBB effectively the Lord acts as another warrior and therefore gives a WBB.

or

No - Like in cc and the sweeping advance a unit is totally annialated and would be removed with no WBB (please, pretty please, someone tell me I am reading that bit wrong. More WBB would be so cool. )

From my reading of the rules, they are usually very explicit, and specifically say when you do not get the WBB like in cc, but when they are unclear it can be read either way.

This happened last night for the first time, 3 times in 1 game after playing for about 6 months. We rolled a d6, I won, I wonder if all my opponents will let me roll a d6....

grant

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Originally posted by grnat@Mar 15 2005, 121
    The Lord's orb allows a WBB if a model in the unit is within 6' of the Lord if the model was killed by a cc weapon that allows no save or was killed by a weapon 2x the T of the model. It goes on further to state that the Lord augments the Necron self repair systems. (The Oxford dictionary says: augment = to add to; to increase)
    --- This "augments the Necron self-repair system" effect is already there... You get to take WBB against wounds You normally couldn't use it against.

The effect stated is the only one the ResOrb has.

The Lord w/ResOrb does not count as "same unit" to other Necrons, so if You don't have like units within range (or TSpyder and like units), You get no WBB, ResOrb or not.

From my reading of the rules, they are usually very explicit, and specifically say when you do not get the WBB like in cc, but when they are unclear it can be read either way.
    --- The rule is very clear when You understand that the fluff reference is for the existing, clearly stated effect...

No worries, the Tyranids had a similar problem with one special rule, which led some people to believe that Hive Node creatures count as Synapse when they do not. >_<
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Uzi&#045;99@Mar 15 2005, 04:50
    --- This "augments the Necron self-repair system" effect is already there... You get to take WBB against wounds You normally couldn&#39;t use it against.

The effect stated is the only one the ResOrb has.

The Lord w/ResOrb does not count as "same unit" to other Necrons, so if You don&#39;t have like units within range (or TSpyder and like units), You get no WBB, ResOrb or not.

--- The rule is very clear when You understand that the fluff reference is for the existing, clearly stated effect...

No worries, the Tyranids had a similar problem with one special rule, which led some people to believe that Hive Node creatures count as Synapse when they do not. >_<
    [snapback]352962[/snapback]

Thanks, after discussions after the game, that was the general agreement. Thanks for confirming it.

grant

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

I just read this isn&#39;t the orbs range 6 inches? if its 6 feet then I would be somewhat shocked...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Originally posted by karantalsis@Mar 16 2005, 16:26
    I just read this isn&#39;t the orbs range 6 inches? if its 6 feet then I would be somewhat shocked...
    --- You&#39;re quite correct&#33; :lol:

Grnat, 6&#39; is 6 feet... 6" is inches&#33;
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is 6", but also note it says 6" within the unit...so models farther than 6" can benefit from it if any models of the unit are within 6". :glare:
    Sithlet

+ Reply to Thread