Perils of the warp: auto wound? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perils of the warp: auto wound?

Do you roll strength 6 versus target's toughness to see if it wounds first or does it automatically wound? They say automatically hits but considering 40k is pretty unique among games in that hitting doesn't mean much

Karnov let all of us fulfil our repressed dreams of being a fat Russian man running around in the great outdoors and getting shot at by weird stone heads and crap. You didn't have a repressed fantasy about doing such marvelous things? Well, I don't believe you . . . [djpretzel]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it does not automatically wound. Just think of it as taking a S6, AP1 hit that ignores invulnerable saves. I would say that the opponent should probably roll the to-wound roll for it, although the rules don't make any mention of this (it just removes any doubts your opponent might have about you rolling to wound one of your own men).
    Sithlet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My take in the perils of the warp is it is as sithlet said a S6 AP1 no save hit rather than take a would no saves, because with a S value there is a chance of big things (daemons) being able to shrug off the attack and little things (sanctioned psykers) getting insta killed by the attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, thanks for the help
    Karnov let all of us fulfil our repressed dreams of being a fat Russian man running around in the great outdoors and getting shot at by weird stone heads and crap. You didn't have a repressed fantasy about doing such marvelous things? Well, I don't believe you . . . [djpretzel]

+ Reply to Thread