CC: Iniative and Who Can Fight - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CC: Iniative and Who Can Fight

Ok, looking at the rule book page 39:

"A model will only fight if it is still engaged when its initiative rank is called"

Ok the way I read this is the following: You determine who can fight at each initiative rank. This really is the only way I can see that it would make sense, as if all the models in base to base are killed and only one guy is left with no models in his unit with 2" in base to base, he cannot fight. However, people who know the 3rd edition rules (sorry I don't) argue that you determine who fights once regardless of initiative. I think that this takes away alot of the power of having a higher initative, but then again it doesn't penalize people from removing guys in base to base. However, just like fantasy, my idea was always that people were filling up the ranks so that's why you'd remove from 2" away, not in base to base. At least at first.

I'm curious what other people think. The line from the rulebook seems make more sense with my interpretation.

Karnov let all of us fulfil our repressed dreams of being a fat Russian man running around in the great outdoors and getting shot at by weird stone heads and crap. You didn't have a repressed fantasy about doing such marvelous things? Well, I don't believe you . . . [djpretzel]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

You are correct. A model may only fight if he is still engaged by the time his initiative step arrives.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

So with some thought out removal of casualties, you can negate your opponents slower weapons (like PFists/Claws or THammers)
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I believed, but some hard liner 3rd Ed. players were trying to say that it would be stupid to do it that way, but otherwise you basically throw away the benefit of having higher initiative, especially for characters who are now alone in CC
    Karnov let all of us fulfil our repressed dreams of being a fat Russian man running around in the great outdoors and getting shot at by weird stone heads and crap. You didn't have a repressed fantasy about doing such marvelous things? Well, I don't believe you . . . [djpretzel]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Best thing to do with such players is slap them with a rulebook, telling them to find some support for their claims.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

It's best to just forget what you learned from the TAR and 3rd edition. 4th edition is pretty much the same in the basics but lots of subtle changes alter the strategy

Im pretty infamous for negating power fists. Remember tho you still must remove the dead so you maintain coherency (This applies only to CC)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, that makes sense then. You can still piecemeal it if you leave your guys within 2" tho, which could still help you out alot against I 1 weapons.

+ Reply to Thread