Can an IC join a squad in CC? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can an IC join a squad in CC?

Can an independent character join a squad that is locked in close combat?

I played a guy a couple days ago who wanted to join his Necron Lord to the warriors that were locked in combat with my killa kans at the start of his turn. I pointed out the "once assaults are launched its too late to join in or duck out" and he pointed out the reqs to join a squad were to be "within 2" coherency in the movement phase." We used the good ol' 4+ and I won out, but I want a second opinion because it was quite the shaft for what he thought he could do.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

You're right.

You cant join or leave a squad once that squad is on close combat. Same deal when the character is falling back.

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

I second Robizzle. :cool:
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope.
    If he isn't in when the combat starts he fights independantly, its not usually that much of a problem but occassionally. They can't leave a squad during either, i think it's listed in the IC section but i'm not sure, but that is definately the case.
    Ask not a question of the eldar, for they will give you three answers all of which are true and horrifying to know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lord doesn't even need to join the squad to fight the kans. Even if he was attached to the unit from the beginning, ICs fight as a separate unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The lord doesn't even need to join the squad to fight the kans. Even if he was attached to the unit from the beginning, ICs fight as a separate unit."

We have a winner, it's also worth mentioning that an IC needs to be in BtB to get his attacks, no attacking from 2" away
    "Ah.. i'm almost done with these 3rd quater spreadsheets and still no sign of.."
    "What, is up, my dog?"
    "Ughhh I'm not your dog"
    "Waterman, you crack me up! that's why you're my D-O-G-E"
    "Your Doge? What are you talking about? I'm Strong Bad Waterman works in retial shipping resources"
    "Ah-ha Good one waterman, I mean good one MY DOG"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed, if he wants his Lord to join the combat he just assults the Kans as he normally would and fights like an IC always does. The sqaud already in combat changes nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fyi he wanted to join the squad so he could use Veil of Darkness to get them out of combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That depends, i didn't think he had to be part of the squad to use the veil, i think they have to be within ?". If thats the case he can warp them out, if he has to join the squad to do it, no, the warriors are toast.
    The downside of throwing the IC into the combat alone like that is that the Can he's in contact with may slap him back!
    Ask not a question of the eldar, for they will give you three answers all of which are true and horrifying to know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunklezahn
    The downside of throwing the IC into the combat alone like that is that the Can he's in contact with may slap him back!

Isn't part of fighting independtly, as ICs do, getting attacks allocated at you? That is, can't models allocate hits to an IC in CC as long as they are in 2" of the unit BtB with the IC? So, throwing him in individually or with a group will still leave him getting slapped by a Can if he is in BtB.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast