Template weapons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Template weapons

When a unit on the board shoots a template weapon at a tank does it A) have to cover as much of the tank as possible OR cover just a slither of tank causing "accidental" hits.

the circumstances of this question is that my friend keeps shooting my firewarriors and getting "Accidental" hits on my battlesuits or shooting my tanks and getting more "accidental" on nearby firewarriors.

Any help appreciated.

GAZA

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only rule that can apply with blasts and ordnance is the the center hole has to be over a model's base, or the model itself (in the case of vehicles). So just spread your Tau out that extra bit so he can't cover more than one squad anyways (unless it's ordnance or a barrage and it scatters- nothing you can do about that), you know the blasts are coming, so prepare for them. Keep in mind that blasts and ordnance are half strength against vehicles if the center hole is not over the vehicle.

If you're talking about template weapons (as in flamers), then the template has to be placed so that it covers as much of the vehicle as possible.

For references, check the rulebook.
    • pgs. 29-31 - Under Ordnance, Blast, and Template Weapons
    • pg. 65 - Bottom left, in bullets
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is perfectly legal to aim at a tank and handily burninate any firewarriors in front of it en route, just as it's legal to target a squad of crisis suits stood behind said firewarriors and burninate any caught in the way.

The only rule relevant is you have to target as many models as possible of the unit you're aimng at with the flame template to avoid it being unreallistically used to sniper an exposed heavy weapons guy or something

If you are shooting a tank [statement withdrawn - Because I got it wrong]
    Last edited by El-Kingo; July 5th, 2005 at 01:05.
    "Ah.. i'm almost done with these 3rd quater spreadsheets and still no sign of.."
    "What, is up, my dog?"
    "Ughhh I'm not your dog"
    "Waterman, you crack me up! that's why you're my D-O-G-E"
    "Your Doge? What are you talking about? I'm Strong Bad Waterman works in retial shipping resources"
    "Ah-ha Good one waterman, I mean good one MY DOG"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, read the template rules on page 31. If a vehicle is the target unit, then you have to place the template so as much of the vehicle is covered as possible, meaning no slivers over the vehicle. Also, while firing at a squad of fire warriors, he has to cover as many fire warriors as possible from that squad. So if he can hit 2 fire warriors and 2 crisis suits or he can hit 3 fire warriors, he has to hit the 3 fire warriors to get as many as possible from the target squad.

I don't know how I can put it clearer than that short of quoting the entire template section.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

And more importantly how is the IC status affected by "accidentals"?

+ Reply to Thread