bikes, dreads, and termies? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bikes, dreads, and termies?

me and my friend both remember a rule that said that bikes dreadnaughts and terminators could fire at one target and assault another, in contrast to the normal shooting rules....but some people have said this is not the case with the new rules (maybe we're thinking of trial assault???) can anyone tell me diffinitively that those units can or cant shoot at one thing and assault another or give me a page number that has the rules one it?? thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by beiltan2003
    me and my friend both remember a rule that said that bikes dreadnaughts and terminators could fire at one target and assault another, in contrast to the normal shooting rules....but some people have said this is not the case with the new rules (maybe we're thinking of trial assault???) can anyone tell me diffinitively that those units can or cant shoot at one thing and assault another or give me a page number that has the rules one it?? thanks
    Yeah, this is the Trial Assault rules from 3rd Edition. Bikes, Terminators, and Walkers have no special rules with regard to targeting. The only thing close is being able to fire Heavy and Rapid Fire weapons as if stationary and still assault. To the best of my knowledge, nothing can assault a different unit to the one shot at.
    ___
    Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Termies can fire their Heavy and Rapid fire weapons and still assault? Where is that clarification, please? I can't find it and it has been bothering me and my regular opponent for some time. The only thing I can find is where it says Termies can move and fire Heavy weapons, but nothing about rapid fire and nothing about assaulting after those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oplopanax
    So Termies can fire their Heavy and Rapid fire weapons and still assault? Where is that clarification, please? I can't find it and it has been bothering me and my regular opponent for some time. The only thing I can find is where it says Termies can move and fire Heavy weapons, but nothing about rapid fire and nothing about assaulting after those.

here ya go buddy, yes terms can shoot heavy and assault.

this is in my chaos codex under term armor. "chaos space marines in term armor are capable of moving and firing with heavy weapons thanks to the bulky exo-skeleton and powerful servos built into the armor.

now on page36, declaring charges it says this in a note " some rare units always count as stationary when firing rapid fire weapons and some units move and fire heavy weapons. SUCH UNITS CAN CHARGE AFTER FIRING.

ya its not posted under 1 thing so it can be tricky to find. but i hope this is clear for u.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, yes, that helps a great deal, thank you! But, I still don't see where they can fire their rapid fire weapons, as I understand combi-bolters to be, and still charge. One could assume that if they can fire heavy weapons and charge then rapid fire weapons would not be a problem, but then we all know what happens when we assume. So if there is a rule out there that clears this up, too, please let me know so I can become less ignorant of one more thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x4)

Bikes: Rule Book, page 53
    Terminators and Heavy Weapons: Rule Book, page 36. Also Codex Marines, page 25 and Codex Chaos Space Marines, page 17.
    Terminators and Rapid Fire: I find no reference which allowes them to fire rapid fire weapons and assault. It may be present in the FAQ's, but I haven't looked there.
    Dread: Is a vehicle, and abides by the vehicle rule for moving and shooting. Heavy and Rapid Fire have no effect on wether a Dread can make an Assault move.
    ___
    Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

Page 36 states that some rare units always count as stationary when firing rapid fire weapons and some can fire heavy weapons on the move. These such units can charge after doing either

It's a common overlooked point in the chaos codex. By reading the rules in a vacuum no chaos terminators cannot charge. However when the Chaos codex was written you *could* charge after firing rapid fire weapons so there was no need to mention it. All terminators count as "stable platforms", thus they can charge after firing

No you won't find the word "Stable platform" used, but it's just GW overlooking things. This doesn't affect Space marine terminators, only chaos

As with Bikes, Tau battle suits and other such models they can fire all their weapons to the maximum range and assault if they so choose

Good luck to anyone who tries to convince someone during a game they can't do that with their chaos terminators heh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't entirely on topic, but has been bothering me recently. If my units shoots at and destroys another unit can they charge someone else that turn, or is there turn effectively done at that point?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

116 (x4)

To Kirasu, nowhere does it state that terminators count as stationary when firing, only that they can fire heavy weapons and charge afterwards, bikes and other things do count as stationary and therefore follow the rules you described, terminators don't. As this is about the letter of the law and not what we feel it should be terminators cannot fire rapid fire weapons and assault, they can however fire heavy weapons and assault. Personally I'd let anyone using them use their rapid fire weapons, but thats not the rule thats a personal opiniona nd thus a 'house rule' rules as written no rapid firing and assault for terminators.

To Menthalas, no you can't charge something else even if you wipe a squad with shooting, stupid, but there you go.

+ Reply to Thread