armies of the imperium - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

computertool: armies of the imperium

who has allready used this tool from Games workshop?
    is it worth the money and correct? i know there is a version called armybuilder but that is from an other company.
    what about the utility time? is it one purchase use always or do we need to buy a licence?
    can someone answer these questions?

Last edited by vindicator; July 12th, 2005 at 22:11.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey vindicator, unfortunately I haven't used GW's IAL (Interactive Army List) product so can't help much there. But I do use an old version of Army Builder (version 2.2c if you care) and find it really good. (I probably should get v3.0 one of these days)

It is not always correct but you can get tools to fix the datafiles yourself or you can wait until the next update. From what I've heard IAL has the occasional mistake too so you should not rely on any such product on its own. They are just tools to make it easier to manage and tinker with your army lists but you should definitely use your Codex/Codices to check your lists before you play them!

I recommend looking at Army Builder as you can download a trial of it and see how things go before forking over your money. Also, IAL only covers the main Codices so the extra bits and pieces that come up through Chapter Approved or Imperial Armour etc won't be covered. You can find Army Builder here if you are interested.

Hopefully someone else has used IAL and can comment further.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its good i have it u need the codex itsself though its hard without it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have both the armies and enemies of the imperium. The are really good esp if you enter tournaments as you can print out either an army roster or a tourney roster (which shows %'s of each troop type)
    The only thing is that you need to double check some things in its adding up. For example it says you may only have one special weapon per bike squad, which is not true. Some armies have incorrect points for some upgrades but most of these are sorted with the update which is downloadable from GW.
    The interface is simple (click and drag) and it tells you if you break the codex rules (ie taking 3 HQ choices.). It still lets you break them if you choose but lists the errors at the bottom of you roster (good if you have agreed to stray from the rules for a specific game or mission.
    It also let you choose if your army will use allies etc and the home screen shows the standard force org chart and highlights squads into their position so you can at a glance see if what your force is lacking.
    I give it 9 out of 10.
    In an hour of darkness a blind man is the best guide. In an age of insanity look to the madman to show the way.

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Don't use Necromancy on old posts!

This thing is about 6-7 months old, adn obviously I don't think Vindicator is still interested as he hasn't made any follow up posts.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

indeed it's old, but proven helpfull. i used armybuilder and i have found tools to fix things.
    i didn't want to 'bump' this thread because apparently the product wasn't that used (yet). so i saw no point in it. and i didn't want to recreate a thread. But it remained in my monitor list.
    Looks like some guys do search the fora. Thanks everyone.
    MvG, Buizerd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Mike, also notice the POSTED age of the necromancer, and his post count.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS Catlover. Please take the time to read the forum rules and the stickied posts, as they'll help you navigate the site and abide by the rules here.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Why don't the mods simply close the posts as they get too old? This seems like a simple way to keep people from resurrecting old posts.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then you get the issue of which post is to old or which one will not be valuable anymore (and thus gets the chance of getting asked AGAIN just moments after one is deleted.) i agree some are easier to manage, others aren't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

So which is better, resurrecting an old thread or starting a new one? I think resurrection is a better solution as the original comments are preserved. Opening a new thread simple re-hashes the existing arguments because nobody bothers searching for the answers to questions already asked.

If you want to see my case perform a search on "powerfist" and "monolith" and you'll find a bunch less than a month old all arguing the same point that was resolved in the original thread. If the original was resurrected then there would be fewer arguments.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

+ Reply to Thread