Futile CC melees - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Futile CC melees

Me and my friend always have this problem. I play the Eldar and he plays Necrons. I have two WLs at my disposal and I tend to go into close quarters with his Warriors. the problem is he can't wound me. I was wondering: Do I just stay there and hack away while he sits there helplessly?

"They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

Yes, why would it be any different? There are a lot of things S4 models can't hurt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The necrons are totally helpless. Yesterday I saw a penitent engine kill 20 berzerkers. I think he will take alot more powerfists now.
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have no choice but to stand there and hope to break them. It's a very useful tactic for dealing with tough, high point units that can ravage your army. Tie them up in close combat with a unit that really doesn't matter. Really effective against wraithlords as they have relatively few attacks.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

But as an eldar player, let me point out that necron has the most ways of getting out of CC of any army.
    1) Monolith teleport-pull the warriors out and a few inches away and then have them shoot the WL's.
    2)viel of darkness from the lord, and again, move them away.

But being the eldar player I am, I really love it when that happens, first 2 games in 4th edition I won 2000pts to 300pt because of that nice little trick, and the fact that he counts as 10 models for outnumbering.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Are you asking 'is it fair to fight with something he can't kill"?
    Umm... yes. It's absolutely fair, because you have to remember that if he was being smart, he'd have shot the WL before you even got to fight him. He could also use tombspiders, or his commander to get high enough strength to actually hurt you. So yeah, it's fair.
    If he wants to pull out, he can just opt to fail his morale check without ever taking it. If you catch him though, you'll kill him :cool:
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai
    Are you asking 'is it fair to fight with something he can't kill"?
    Umm... yes. It's absolutely fair, because you have to remember that if he was being smart, he'd have shot the WL before you even got to fight him. He could also use tombspiders, or his commander to get high enough strength to actually hurt you. So yeah, it's fair.
    If he wants to pull out, he can just opt to fail his morale check without ever taking it. If you catch him though, you'll kill him :cool:
    Umm, as pointed out in another thread and many other times, unfortunately you may not "CHOOSE" to fail a morale check. You must always roll the dice. As pointed out though, necron have enough ways to get out of CC already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tarzen
    Umm, as pointed out in another thread and many other times, unfortunately you may not "CHOOSE" to fail a morale check. You must always roll the dice. As pointed out though, necron have enough ways to get out of CC already.
    Sure, Necrons and get out of assault, but then what? shoot it? They can't even scrach the paint, unlike ANY other thing in the game...
    "There are only two infinate things in the world, the Universe and Humen Stupidity, and i'm not sure about the Universe"- Albert Einstein

No Rest For the Righteous Ebon Hand's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x3)

Necron Flayers always wound on a 6, regardless of toughness. They might have a chance if they poured a hail of fire at them.

But what everyone saying is right, if you can't hurt the opponent in close combat, its tough luck. The C'tan do the same thing to others, so don't feel too bad about it.

Funny that the Wraithlords are the toughest thing for Necrons to deal with, according to Eldar legend them and the Eldar Titans were created to combat them.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the conquest of it." -Anon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by akodo one-eye
    Sure, Necrons and get out of assault, but then what? shoot it? They can't even scrach the paint, unlike ANY other thing in the game...
    Ok, so you're complaining that your basic troopers can't kill every simple thing on the board? You can wound WL's with every single unit you have (except maybe pariahs? not sure there), it may take some shooting, but you can teleport them away as I already pointed out. Destroyers, heavy D's, lord, spiders, monolith, c'tan, night bringer, warriors, oh wait, every single gun you have can wound the WL at it's super high toughness. Most other armies can only hurt it with specific anti tank weaponry. Most other basic troopers cant hut it with their basic guns (except fire warriors).

yes, it takes a bunch of shooting to kill it from your basic troops, but my basic troops can't kill you monolith, ctan, NB, and need the same sixes you need to wound my WL to hurt your immortals, necron lord, destoyers, spiders, heavy d's...gee that seems fair now doesn't it.

Sorry, not meant to be offensive, but please take it in context. Every army has it's strengths and weaknesses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast