Do Biovores Need Los? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The book makes it sound like the Biovore can just fire anywhere (Within the 48" range i mean ) , without line of sight , and hit it with relative accuracy.

My friend , who has been playing for much longer than me , says that it should be a 'guess' weapon. Could someone elaborate what a 'guess weapon' is , exactly?

And Does a Biovore fall into that category?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off - no, you dont need LOS. Second off, no its not a guess weapon because you do not guess the distance.

The way it works is, you pick ANY spot within 48" of the biovore model and place your spore mine down. Then you roll for deviation. If you get a "hit" then it goes where you wanted it to.

Once the mine is down, if its touching another model in base to base, it explodes as the effect of the mine. If it doesnt, it will remain on the table and follows the rules as detailed in the codex.

Edit : A Guess weapon is like this except you guess the range to your target and if you get it right you hit, otherwise it deviates from the range you guessed. So this works similar except you dont ever have to guess - you just place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happens if this mortar-like spore lands behind a vehicle, but touching it (or in base to base with another unit that causes it to explode with the vehicle within the blast). I've heard that you decide which armor to use (front, back, or side) depending on the direction the shot came from, not where it landed. This doesn't make so much sense in the case of spore mines, as they are the source of the blast... kinda...
    see my confusion?
    In-house, we rule like other blast templates for the initial shot, while subsequent rounds the blast direction is dictated by the location of the mine (if it drifts into the back of the vehicle). I'd like to know what the official ruling is.

Thanks

Closed Thread