Advancing Causes Inta-death? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the rulebook it says that when you advance , if you advance past the opponent that your 'chasing' , they automaticaly get destroyed. I play a Nid army and see that as a VERY clear advantage to my army.

My friend plays Eldar and says that that rule has been revised because of the same reason that I like it , 'cause Tyranids are deadly with that rule.

Has it REALLY been revised , or is he BSing me 'cause his Eldar never EVER win in CC?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has been. Now, when you advance, you make your contested roll. If the losers win the retreat roll, they move back whatever they rolled inches etc.

But if the winners roll, then you get another round of cc except all your attacks hit automatically. If any of them are still alive after that they get to fall back the distance but the winners do NOT advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morpheus01:
    The winners do NOT get to hit automatically, both sides attack as normal. Check the Trial Assault rules in either Chapter Approved, section 7. And there is no mention of the loosers get to fall back if they survice that. I'm afraid your answer is completely mistaken.

Aramil_silverwind:
    In the standard 3rd ed rules, a winning force could overrun a loosing force if the loosers failed their moral check. The specific rules can be found on page 68 of the BBB in the grey block under "sweeping advance".

In the Trial Assault Rules TAR (sometimes called 4th ed) the winning forces can "sweeping advance" but if they are successful they only keep the loosers locked in hand to hand combat. Check the complete rules in either Chapter Approved book.

The TAR are technically still optional, but are widely accepted as the standard and used in many tournaments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the winners were only allowed a sweeping advance if they won CC on the turn that the CC assaulted. I don't think I've read that in the TAR myself, but I've heard it mentioned around here as part of the new TAR. I haven't checked yet though so it's just a rumour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TAR: http://www.gamesworkshop.com/40kuniverse/w...lt_Phase_v2.pdf

Look at section 6: Loosers breaking off and winners consolidating.
    Winners gets auto-hits on loosers if they beat the fall-back distance.

However, voluntarely fall back may be different

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep in mind the link posted by arew is to a draft version of the Trial Assault Rules, and there are differences in the official rules published in the Chapter Approved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good point. sadly i havent got the chapter approved TAR.... *sob*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We play by the most recent version of rules available online which states if a winning unit makes a successful sweeping advance then...

"Any model that is engaged or within 2 inches of an engaged friend may make their attacks as normal, they will not recieve any bonus attacks for assaulting, just using the number of attacks on their profile but all their attacks hit automatically. the enemy does not get to strike back because they are too busy tring to get away. "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<quote> Morpheus01 "We play by the most recent version of rules available online which states if a winning unit makes a successful sweeping advance then...

"Any model that is engaged or within 2 inches of an engaged friend may make their attacks as normal, they will not recieve any bonus attacks for assaulting, just using the number of attacks on their profile but all their attacks hit automatically. the enemy does not get to strike back because they are too busy tring to get away. "

That&#39;s fine, as long as you know they are only house rules. That&#39;s why I pointed out to Aramil_silverwind that it is not the official rule. The link above is to the old on line version 2.0. They went through several revisions and the last one posted was version 4.7. They underwent a couple more changes (sweeping advance is one) before they were published. If you tried to use the "they automatically hit" outside your own gaming group you&#39;d definitely be called on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure about that? I got that rule from the GW site. Hense, I am pretty sure it was legal? If those arent the latest rules, what are?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast