Mobility Questions and Machine Spirits - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Mobility Questions and Machine Spirits

first up,

can the machine spirit fire ordinance weapons?

if a vehicle has an ordinance weapon, and other weapons, and a machine spirit... say a whirlwind with a storm bolter.... can it move, and fire all weapons (with the spirit firing what the crew cannot?)
    if yes, how far can it move and do so?

can the spirit always fire a weapon?

here's my understanding,
    a land raider with lascannon sponsons and a spirit can move 6", fire one lascannon sponson with crew, and the other with the spirit...
    (since this breaks the "only one main weapon may fire" rule, it strikes me that the land raider should be allowed to move 12" and fire a lascannon sponson thru use of the spirit...)

similarly,
    can the necron monolith move (like deep strike), use it's door as an ordinance weapon, and fire the machine guns?

Pictures of the Smigs Army for your amusement....
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b390/Holy_Smigs/

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women"

"JESUS SAVES! the rest of your models each take a wound."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Holy_Smigs
    cif a vehicle has an ordinance weapon, and other weapons, and a machine spirit... say a whirlwind with a storm bolter.... can it move, and fire all weapons (with the spirit firing what the crew cannot?)
    You can't move an fire an ord barraage weapon, period.
    Read the entry in the SM Codex.
    here's my understanding,
    a land raider with lascannon sponsons and a spirit can move 6", fire one lascannon sponson with crew, and the other with the spirit...
    Correct.
    (since this breaks the "only one main weapon may fire" rule,
    irrelevent
    it strikes me that the land raider should be allowed to move 12" and fire a lascannon sponson thru use of the spirit...)
    Regardless of what you think should be the case, this is not in accordance with the rules for Machine Spirit.
    similarly,
    can the necron monolith move (like deep strike), use it's door as an ordinance weapon, and fire the machine guns?
    No. You can fire ord. or other weapons but not both.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Holy_Smigs
    first up,

can the machine spirit fire ordinance weapons?

if a vehicle has an ordinance weapon, and other weapons, and a machine spirit... say a whirlwind with a storm bolter.... can it move, and fire all weapons (with the spirit firing what the crew cannot?)
    if yes, how far can it move and do so?

here's my understanding,
    (since this breaks the "only one main weapon may fire" rule, it strikes me that the land raider should be allowed to move 12" and fire a lascannon sponson thru use of the spirit...)

similarly,
    I'm not 100% sure on the machine spirit rule but I think it can fire both weapons (one normal, one machine spirit). If I remember correctly it states the machine spirit can move in a straight line and fire a single weapon at BS2 even if the crew were stunned. I think the idea was that the crew were too busy steering the vehicle to be able to target multiple weapons.

The Necron question I am sure about (I'm a Necron player). The Monolith can EITHER use the portal for teleportation OR fire the Particle Whip (ordinance). If it fires an ordinance weapon it cannot fire other weapons. So no, it cannot fire its Particle Whip (ordinance) and Gause Flux Arc (machine guns) in the same turn. It can however, use the teleportation of the energy matrix and still fire the Gauss Flux Arc in the same turn.

A standard tactic is to Deep Strike the Monolith into the heart of the enemy lines, teleport a warrior squad to the front door, and then blast away with the Gauss Flux Arc and the warrior squad. When it works it is a sight to see.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

+ Reply to Thread