Fall Back Corridor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fall Back Corridor

Alright, I've been playing for a while now but I've been a little confused about the fall back rule in the new rulebook stating that "a unit falls back in a corridor as wide as it's outermost models towards its deployment zone" and that they can move around any obstruction(impassable terrain, enemy models that weren't in CC with them this turn, and friendly units). My question is, do they have to remain in the fall back corridor or does the "they can move around" mean that they can leave the fallback corridor so that they can't be destroyed? Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They may leave their fall back corridor to get around an obstruction that blocks off the whole corridor but only then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so the enemy has to be completely surrounded by enemy units that weren't involved in CC that turn, other friendly units, or impassable terrain to be destroyed?

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

No, just directly behind them. The "Fallback Corridor" is just that, it's a corridor who'se walls are as far apart as the two furthest models in that unit. When you fall back, you can only move in the confines of this corridor. Next time you have a unit falling back, lay two pencils down, one on either side of the two most outward models. The area between the pencils is the only legal area that unit can move in during the fall back.
    Last edited by Gojiratoho; September 1st, 2005 at 21:12. Reason: not sure of a rule
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright, your description sounds correct and thats how I've been playing it. My problem is the paragraph on page 48 of 4th edition under TRAPPED!, most notably the "a unit falling back may move around any obstruction in such a way as to get back to their base line by the shortest route" and "If a unit cannot perform a Fall Back move IN ANY DIRECTION, without doubling back, it is destroyed. The "in any direction" is whats causing me problems since it makes it seem like the fall back can be in a direction other than directly towards the players table edge.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Re-reading that paragraph, it looks like you move back your 2D6 in your corridor. If an obstruction gets in your way, you are allowed to move around it provided you are able to do so within your fall back corridor. If you are unable to do this, then the unit is destroyed.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I reread it several times myself and thats the conclusion that I've come to as well, I appreciate the second opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Gojiratoho
    Re-reading that paragraph, it looks like you move back your 2D6 in your corridor. If an obstruction gets in your way, you are allowed to move around it provided you are able to do so within your fall back corridor. If you are unable to do this, then the unit is destroyed.
    I respectfully disagree. As it says -

Quote Originally Posted by The BBB
    ...may move around any obstruction ins such a way as to get back to their base line by the shortest route
    To get back to something (I.E., the Fall Back corridor), you have to leave it in the first place. If you were confined to the fall back corridor at all times, then there'd be no need for this sentence.

Take a look at the picture opposite, title "Trapped". You'll notice that the Fire Warriors are surrounded on all sides - this wouldn't be necessary if you were confined to the Fall Back corridor. The example wouldn't even need to bother mentioning the presence of the impassable terrain.

If you are indeed confined to the Fall Back corridor, then it sounds exactly like how Cross-Fire was worked out in 3rd edition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

You are allowed to move around objects however if you cannot make a FULL fallback move *and* get back into your fall back corridor you are destroyed

Moving around another unit takes a lot of movement, fyi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mkay, thanks guys

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast