Demon Hunters/space Wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys,

Question for you! I was reading the Demon hunter codex, and was looking for allies to help me when I face Chaos. Now it states that if you take them as allies, you must fulfill your complusary units on the list (ala 1 HQ and 2 troops if you're doing standard missions) and any others can be 0-1 HQ, 0-2 Elite, 0-3 Troops, 0-1 fast attack from the Demon hunter lists.

Now in my wolves, as long as I fulfill my requirements (ala 1 HQ per 750 pts) I can still take an HQ from my allies list correct? A friend was saying that since Wolves have complusary HQs I can't take one from the Demon hunters. So like in a 2000 pt army (3 HQs required by wolves), I would be unable to take any demon hunter HQ units?

Also, grey knights CANNOT be taken by marine armies as troops correct? I can take them as fast attack (ala teleporting) but no normal troops.

Anyways, if you guys can think of any reasons I can't take Demon hunters in my Wolves army, please LMK cuz this looks like an attractive addition .

I do realise that if I decide to start a demon hunter army, I can use my Wolf squads, tho they lose all of their special abilites (go plain vanilla) if I do.

Thanks for your help!

---------------------------------
    RaG|NaR

Mooing peacefully since 1996!
    Got Milk?

<a href='http://www.adeptusminneapolis.com' target='_blank'>Adeptus Minneapolis</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, until otherwise changed or clarified by GW, you cannot take any Demon Hunter HQ with Space Wolves. SW do not have any optional HQ slots. As you pointed out, you must take one, and only one, HQ per 750 points. No extra slots available. That only leaves you with the Elite, Troop and Fast Attack slots in which to take DH as allies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can use Grey Knights to fulfil the troop slots

Closed Thread