Turbo Boost Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turbo Boost Question

I posted this to the wrong forum, so I've gone ahead and pasted it here!

The people I was playing with today insisted that rule against Turbo Boosting through difficult terrain (say a forest) does not hold true as they can fly "above." it. Now, whereas I probably feel this to be an example of using the letter of the law to defeat the purpose, it is a curious question. Are jetbikes able to Turbo Boost OVER terrain completely ignoring that rule? I can definately see that restriction being only for bikes, which would of course be hindered by difficult terrain. I suppose the same question would go for water... bikes shouldbn't be able to turbo boost through it, but jetbikes can fly ABOVE it... I dunno. i suppose it kinda makes sense that that was meant specifically for bikes as they were mentioned in the same paragraph...

Any official ruling on this?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just the rules in the BGB which covers both regular wheeled bikes and flying jetbikes. So no, Jetbikes cannot turbo-boost through difficult terrain.

Remember, difficult terrain can be attributed to many factors such as trees and fences etc not just rough ground. When you are turbo-boosting you are travelling extremely fast and will find it hard to dodge obstacles in your path.

Cheers, Lleu.

EDIT: After reading Gojiratoho's post I re-read the jetbikes rule. They can move over difficult terrain during a turbo-boost but would not be able to move into/through area terrain in order to claim a cover save.
    Last edited by Lleu; September 18th, 2005 at 22:14.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

I disagree there. Jetbikes could always fly over terrian, and according to the TB rules on page 76, turboboosters just can't move through diff terrain. If they are still allowed to move around it, then I see no reason rules wise why jetbikes still can't just fly over it.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Edit - day too early.
    Last edited by Addoran; September 18th, 2005 at 16:40.

+ Reply to Thread