multi toughness - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: multi toughness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

multi toughness

it states that you take the majority toughness to represent the whole unit -if even round down- does that mean an avatar with 1 or 2 warlock bodygaurds which it has to have in ulthwe strike becomes just as fragile. from t6 to a mesely t3?
    same w/ seer councile, it will have even or more warlocks in it.
    if a group attaks and causes enough wounds against t3 to kill all my warlocks and more, than i also take wounds to my farseer who possibly wouldn't have been wounded by the attackers strength against his t4?
    also, does a shadow weaver use the large or normal blast?

Last edited by KYKK; September 20th, 2005 at 23:57.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you use the lowest toughness, and you take from the majority of models. Except in close combat I believe if its an independent charecter, you have to elect to attack him or the squad. Thats what I've been told by quite a few people. And I'm pretty sure thats how the assault rules list it. But in shooting I'm not sure thats a pretty slippery slope...
    Iron Warriors 9/1/0 (w/l/d)
    World Eatters 15/1/0

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by KYKK
    it states that you take the majority toughness to represent the whole unit -if even round down- does that mean an avatar with 1 or 2 warlock bodygaurds which it has to have in ulthwe strike becomes just as fragile. from t6 to a mesely t3?
    same w/ seer councile, it will have even or more warlocks in it.
    if a group attaks and causes enough wounds against t3 to kill all my warlocks and more, than i also take wounds to my farseer who possibly wouldn't have been wounded by the attackers strength against his t4?
    also, does a shadow weaver use the large or normal blast?
    1) Against shooting, then yes, you've got it right. All wounds taken by the lower toughness, however, must first be allocated to the models with the lower toughness (if it's in the majority, of course), if I have my rules correct. In CC, if they count as Independent Characters (Avatar most likely would, I don't know about a Seer Council though) then they are treated as their own units, using their own characteristics I believe.

2) In most, if not all, weapon summaries it will say Blast or Ordnance. Ordnance being the larger blast template, Blast being the smaller. So, it uses the smaller blast template.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

There is no majority allocation for toughness. You test to wound on the majority toughness, period and then you roll to save according to the majority armor save rule

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

This is why eldar need to be redone. T3 avatars is horrible :mad:. You'd want your opponent to kill them just to get T6. But it gets worse, it's not all that easy to even do that!

As they have a higher save than the avatar (4+ compared to no armour save), when there is only 1 warlock the avatar must take the first save, and every odd save after that.

If only you could chose to automatically fail saves, the first time you're hit...
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onlainari
    This is why eldar need to be redone. T3 avatars is horrible :mad:. You'd want your opponent to kill them just to get T6. But it gets worse, it's not all that easy to even do that!

As they have a higher save than the avatar (4+ compared to no armour save), when there is only 1 warlock the avatar must take the first save, and every odd save after that.
    It's not quite that bad is it? I thought that both the Avatar and Warlocks only had Invulnerable saves therefore mixed armour rules don't apply. Wounds from shooting get allocated throughout the unit evenly.

Can someone with the Eldar Codex clarify please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They Do Have Diff Arm Saves Warl 4 Avat5 And Yes Both Invun
    SO IS IT THAT YOU WOULD GET A 4 INV SAVE FOR BOTH MODULES GIVING AN ADVANTAGE TO THE AVATAR BUT ALSO GIVING IT A T3 UNTILL THE WARLOCK(S) IS DEAD?
    THAT REALY IRRITATES ME.
    Last edited by KYKK; September 21st, 2005 at 16:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

er...that statement is contradictory.

If they both have invulnerable saves, they have the same armour save.

I'm getting sick of mixed armour. People don't realise it goes on the unmodified armour save, and has nothing to do with inv. saves.
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Topic Is Covered On Page 76 And Is Pretty Understandable. WoundS Against Mixed Armour
    Last edited by KYKK; September 21st, 2005 at 17:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

299 (x7)

You are so confused. Lets look at saves.

Warlock: armour save: -, inv. save: 4+
    Avatar: armour save: -, inv. save: 5+

Therefore, they have the same armour save, thus there is no need to use the mixed armour rule, you apply the first wound to who you want, then apply every odd wound after that to them. The other model gets every even wound.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast