Demon Summoning - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Demon Summoning

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Demon Summoning

I know how to summon demons, and know they must be summoned next to an Icon, but I'm unsure of what that icon is. Is it something from the armory, or is a passive ability goven when you take a mark of a patron god. That is, if I had a unit of noise marines, and tried to summon a squad of daemonettes, does the mark of Slaanesh count as an Icon? Thank you for any help.

"Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

I believe that any unit with a Mark Of Chaos gets an icon for the unit for free.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any unit can get an Icon for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

A unit gets a free, basic icon for free for taking a Mark of Chaos - any Mark will do. The Icon is basically anything that seperates the model carrying it from the unit - a banner is most common, but isn't the rule. The Champion does not need to be the bearer of the Icon - any trooper can do. Since my units are mostly painted in Iron Warriors colors, I paint my Icon bearers in pure Gold. Nobody has ever had a problem with it. (They're usually tired of arguing with me that although my army is painted Iron Warriors scheme, they don't function like them.)

If you don't wish your units to have a mark, you can buy the Personal Icon from the armoury and give it to the Champion/IC.

There are six Special Icons that can be given only to Chosen units. Two can be found in the Chaos Armoury, and the other four are divided respectively amongst the Books of Chaos. They function like normal icons, except they have another special rule associated with them.

+ Reply to Thread