Assasins In The New Ig Codex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok a question for all you smart people out there

for the new Imp Gaurd codex. since it does not mention using the assassins in it anywher 9that i could see anyway) do i use the rules and stats and points for the assassins as listed in the codex deamonhunters. which is newer and has moer rules for them yadda yadda.

Or do i have to use the rules for them as printed in the warhammer rulebook which has less points cost for them but none of thenice little extras really.

FINE since noone smart is replying i'll accept answers from people not as stupid as me....

OK from ANYONE

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Codex Assassins is still valid, and it still allows you to use assassins in an "IG army". The new Codex IG is still an Codex IG

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way our club works is as follows:

If you have C: Assassins you can still use them as Elites bought for from that (you must have a real copy of it tho to use them).

If you're going to use them from Demon Hunters, you must own a copy and must then of course have at least one Inquistor to go along for the ride . In any event, you cannot do both at the same time (purchase from C:Assassins and then have demon hunters in your force to get around having the inquisitor).

Hope that helps!
    ---------------------------------
    RaG|NaR

Mooing peacefully since 1996!
    Got Milk?

<a href='http://www.adeptusminneapolis.com' target='_blank'>Adeptus Minneapolis</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with rag.

Bowling Green State University, OH, U.S.A.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I&#39;ve been told recently the "standard" rules are now that you have to include an Inquisitor Lord in your army to have an assassin, otherwise the stats in both codexes (assassins and DH) are exactly the same.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

That&#39;s right...according to the latest DH Q&A Codex Assassins is no longer valid.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone know if g/w plans to reprint codex assassins?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt it, All the stats are in the DH Codex.
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this is indeed the case, it seems pretty nonsensical to me. The Officio Assassinorum doesn&#39;t only operate at the beck and call of Inquisitors, so denying them to Imperial forces without an Inquisitor makes little sense. Not only that, but it burdens Imperial Guard armies with even more expensive characters they don&#39;t need- I don&#39;t want to shell out the points for some high-muckety Inquisitor who&#39;ll get in the way just to be allowed to support my Stormtroopers with a decent wetworks operative. Grr..

Majere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On page 21 of the DH codex it states that you can include a limited amount of DH&#39;s in an IG or SM force.By my reading of this you can include one elites choice that, of course,can be an assasin.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast