Bikes /w furious charge VS assualt squads - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Bikes /w furious charge VS assualt squads

In the bike tactica it is mentioned that bikes with furious charge confer the ablity for free onto an attached charactor. So why not for an assullt squad who aslo has furious charge. It would be a pretty.. whats the word.. i guess hypocrital to say that a charcter joining an assult squad would not get the furious charge ablity, but one joining a bike squad would. I think it should be one way or the other, and personally i cant see how if your chapter has selected at trate allowing for assualt marines to take furious charge and have the HQ somehow not know the ablitily, of course thats more of a fluff arugment, but it also seems logical to me.

Are there new rules that most ppl know about but i have somehow missed floating over at GW or something? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was asking my mate the same thing just before
    he had no idea
    me need to know too
    btw do u get ravenguard too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

I play an all bike army and I would like to know about this rule too, because I've never heard of it. Which bike tactica are you referring to, btw? Do you have a link to it, because I can't find it.

As far as I know, under the new rules, no characters get the abilities of the squads they are attached to, unless they already have that ability in the first place. In fact, most abilities that squads have are lost when a character joins them who doesn't have it. Furious charge is not one of those abilities that is lost, BUT the character doesn't gain it when he joins.

Anyhow, if anyone knows of a ruling that I don't, then please let me know too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.librarium-online.com/arti...ge=1&pagenum=6

That's the link. Read through and you'll see two mentions of characters getting furious charge by joining squads with that ability. Was written January 12th, 2005. Not sure if that's before 4th edition, but if so would make sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, there is no such rule to confer veteran skills from a unit onto an Independent Character. The only way to give your HQ a veteran skill is to take a Command Squad and give it to the entire unit.

A house rule may be useful in this situation, to allow you to purchase Furious Charge for the HQ separately but at a higher cost, much like Chaos HQs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Actually.....there is a bit of a quiet debate on whether an Assault Squad actually loses Furious Charge going on atm. I always played it that there it wasn't a way to do it, until someone pointed out something to me. A quick read of page 74 confirms:

"The special rules marked with an asterix are automatically lost by an independant character joining a unit that does not have the same special rule. These rules are also lost by a unit that is joined by an independant character that does not have the same special rule".

Furious Charge doesn't have an asterix next to to it, so actually this seems to indicate attaching a character wouldn't make them lose Furious Charge (PLEASE NOTE AM I NOT SAYING THIS WOULD CONFER FURIOUS CHARGE ONTO THE CHAPLAIN ALSO...because it wouldn't). Interesting, and I am forced to post this whenever someone says 'you can't attach a chaplain onto a Furious Charge Assault Squad'.
    Last edited by Addoran; September 26th, 2005 at 22:15.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Addoran
    Actually.....there is a bit of a quiet debate on whether an Assault Squad actually loses Furious Charge going on atm. I always played it that there it wasn't a way to do it, until someone pointed out something to me. A quick read of page 74 confirms:

"The special rules marked with an asterix are automatically lost by an independant character joining a unit that does not have the same special rule. These rules are also lost by a unit that is joined by an independant character that does not have the same special rule".

Furious Charge doesn't have an asterix next to to it, so actually this seems to indicate attaching a character wouldn't make them lose Furious Charge (PLEASE NOTE AM I NOT SAYING THIS WOULD CONFER FURIOUS CHARGE ONTO THE CHAPLAIN ALSO...because it wouldn't). Interesting, and I am forced to post this whenever someone says 'you can't attach a chaplain onto a Furious Charge Assault Squad'.
    In my interpetation of the rules it is only the ablities with the * that lose the ability either way. It makes no mention to non * marked ablilities.

"the special rules marked with an asterisk (*) are automatically lost by an independent character joining a unit that does not have the same special rule. THESE RULES are also lost by a unit that is joined by an independent character that does not have the same special rule. "

Which means All *rules And makes no reference to the other rules

Yea we have made a house rule about this already, but most of my friends are in different colleges so im forced to play pick up games. So far i havent counted my chappy as having the ablility, just because i dont want to slow down the game, and i feel its inaproparate to argue during a pick up game, with someone you dont know.

+ Reply to Thread