Allocation of hits - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allocation of hits

I know in the shooting phase if you are being hit by, then you can allocate the hits. Although, I have a few other questions when allocating hits.Are you allowed to allocate a hit under a flamer template, under a blast template, in the assault phase?Mainly though my question is if you are able to allocate the hit to another character other than the character under the temple.With the assault phase, I need to know if the model attacking has to hit the model in the 2' assault range of it. And if so, can the hit be allocated to someone different.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you allowed to allocate a hit under a flamer template, under a blast template, in the assault phase?
    Not if your purpose is to shoot that unit because you are not allowed to shoot into close combat. But if an ordanance blast scatters then it was just luck and casualties are removed.

Mainly though my question is if you are able to allocate the hit to another character other than the character under the temple.
    You can except the one directly under the hole of a blast or ordanance template.

With the assault phase, I need to know if the model attacking has to hit the model in the 2" assault range of it. And if so, can the hit be allocated to someone different.
    Hits and attacks can only be placed on models within 2" of a friendly model in base to base. They are the only ones that can be removed and the only ones that can attack.
    "They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seth the Dark
    Not if your purpose is to shoot that unit because you are not allowed to shoot into close combat. But if an ordanance blast scatters then it was just luck and casualties are removed.

First off, I meant to say *template* not *temple*. Second, I would like to rephrase what I said above. I meant to ask each one of those seperateley, but I was in a hurry.What I meant to say was "Can you allocate hits to models other than the ones under the flamer template or do you have to kill the models under the template?" .

Although, thank you again Seth for clearing up two of the problems I have. I would also like to announce that I just began to play 40k again after screwing up about a year ago and buying Daemonhunters with inducted IG. When I got these i had no clue that whatever weapons you placed on them would be the weapons they used. Now that I have gone in depth with the armies, I have found that IG would be fun and also a great army to play in smaller tournaments. I am buying many models off Ebay each week while balancing money. I just thought I would tell everyone that, so that they know why I am asking these lame questions and just started on this website. Hopefully, everyone will see me on the boards of IG or general rules. I hope more people post on this topic to help me a bit seeing as I have the older 3rd edition rules. Anyways, Thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ima_Chaos_General_4_U
    Can you allocate hits to models other than the ones under the flamer template or do you have to kill the models under the template?
    The hits occur on the unit, not on specific models. Once rolls have been made for wounding and armour saves, you may remove casualties from anywhere in the unit as long as they are in range and line of sight of the shooter. You do not have to remove casualties from those directly under the template (or blast for that matter).

The only tricky situation is if your unit has mixed armour but that's a whole other kettle of fish. If you need clarification on how mixed armour saves work you should be able to find out with a quick search of the rules forum.

Cheers, Lleu.

+ Reply to Thread